Get da net!!!!!!!

• pitbull
    Too far from the river

I’ve heard plent of net stories like the “dude wif the net hit the fish with it and it got away to “he’s was so slow with the net he missed’em” or “he missed da fish with the net”

I know the “net job” is a very important part of finely tuned relationship I’ve heard divorce stories over it!!

What do you guys do with the net during a tourny,is it right next to ya on the front deck,sitting on the back deck,etc??????????

Do all you guides do the nettin???? I’m sure you guides might have a story or two!!

Also,let’s hear some horror stories about the “net dude”!!!!

Do all you guides do the nettin????

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Mine sits down in the cockpit behind the seats; in between the seat backs and the rear deck.

The funniest net story I can recall was fishing with my daughter when she was about 6. We were popping largemouths on rattletraps and I thought I snagged a log. When I got it closer to the boat, it turned out to be a pike around 38″.

She took about three swipes at it with the net before she finally got it in there. It immediately thrashed and busted its head through the netting. I started yelling, “Get it in the boat, get it in the boat.”

All I got back was, “I can’t lift it!”

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

Quote:

All I got back was, “I can’t lift it!”

That’s cute!

Bassn Dan

The oddest landing net experience I’ve had was the time I netted about a 20″ walleye that ended up getting away.

It was hooked by just the rear hook on a crank and when I netted it and lifted it from the water the front hook caught on the net, the fish trashed, flipped up over the rim of the net, off the hook and back into the water.

I guess the moral of the story is to not count your fish until they’re in the livewell!

Dan

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

MY best net story happened last weekend. I yelled “get the net” but as luck would have it, it was to late. See we were running down river and the durn thing came unbuckled from the front deck and launched out of the boat. We turned around but she didn’t float…
    jc

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

The strangest thing was casting off a dock over a 14′ hole at night for walleyes. I was pulling a Rattlin’ Smithwick Suspending Super Rogue in a sweep-pause-sweep-pause motion and having some decent luck on 14 to 18″ fish.

At about 11:30pm my best friend comes out to see how it’s going and I hooked one just then.

“You want the net?”
    “Sure”, I said.

Fought it to the dock, into the net, onto the deck, take the fish out……………..but the net is still flopping……. What the………???

I can’t explain it but he scooped a rock bass into the net at the same time he scooped the walleye!

So, should we coin a phrase like………..”One on the line is as good as two in the net.”?

fishbonz

Hey pitbull (Dude) you should be pro at nettin fish after fishing with Flack for a couple yrs. Dude…..

pitbull
    Too far from the river

fishbonz my dear ole friend,don’t even go there because you know you’ll lose…enough said!!!!!!!!!!!

BoneDaddy

Lol, Flack was the heart of that team.

Jake
    Muddy Corn Field

i tried to net a northern with a butterfly net once. that didn’t work out so great. one shake of the head and that fish went right through the bottom.

Garrison
    Owatonna, MN

I took a friend out Muskie fishing one day and hooked up on a good fish. I gave him the rod and he got the fish to the boat. It had one hook in the top lip with 2 of the other hooks on the treble hook sticking out. As I went to net it the hooks actually pulled out of the bait (I think by buddy got a little excited and cinched the drag down). As I was sweeping the net at the fish I actually got the frame hooked on the 2 hooks sticking out of it’s mouth. So here’s the picture: 6 foot handle on the net, 2 foot diameter net, and a 44″ Muskie hanging off the other end by a treble hook in it’s mouth, all being swung into the boat right at the buddy with the fishin rod. I never saw anyone jump on a seat so fast in my whole life!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.