Short day on pool 13

• tennispro
    Sterling, IL

I have to go into work tonight and work 7p-7a So I decided to help me sleep this afternoon I would get up early and go over to the river I overslept an hour this morning but was still on the water by 6:30.

I started in an area that is usually really good at this time of year. I got there only to see the arrow heads that I like to fish are not there yet. There are a few but most are still about 2 inches under the water and very spread out. I made the best of the situation though

I found some pads that were looking really good and started working them with a swim jig. I hooked up right away with a skinny 18″ fish. I got pumped thinking I had something going. Nope !!! Could not get another fish in that area so I moved on.

I stoped and fished three stumps that I have never fished before. At the secound stump I landed a 14.5″ bass on a spinnerbait. I worked those stumps over really good after that with out a bump. So I moved on to another spot only to find the carp spawn in full swing there

I went back to the pads were I caught my first fish and quickly hooked into a huge bass. I get it to the boat and lip her. She was about 4.5-5 pounds but as I was getting the camera ready she flopped out of my hands and ended up back in the water. She was 20 inches So again I start thinking I am on to something and I was wrong again. Not another bite in the pads.

The swimjig I caught the first fish on was char/ red head. The spinnerbait I was using was blue & Clear.

Well its bed time,
    Jeremy

bassinted
    Dixon IL

looks like not to bad of a day for a short one,have not been to the river in two weeks hope to go next weekend.good luck to all.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.