Pool 13 tournament 5/8

• tennispro
    Sterling, IL

This was the tournament that I have been looking forward to all season. I love pool 13 the first half of May. My partner and I drew boat #2 and headed to our first spot. Only to find the water down 1.5 feet from the last time I was in that spot a week ago. We tried to make the best of that area and it was not happening. At 8:15 the spot turned on and we pulled 3 small keepers and a nice 2.5 pounder (my partners first bass in 15 years). But as quick as it turned on it turned back off and we were one fish short of a limit. Plus two of our fish were “liners”.

We run to spot number two and don’t even land a fish . On to area number three, we pull in and start fishing one side of a cut and my brother and his partner were on the other. I pulled a short fish on my 3rd cast. Then about 3 min later I landed a nice fish, I did not really look at it I just swung it in the boat and got it in the live well. The very next cast I hook another nice fish and put him in the box and get rid of one of our 14″ fish. We worked this area over and over the rest of the day and we finally got it were our small fish was 14.5″. My trolling motor battery was dead so we called it a day about 30 min early.

Weigh in time we posted a 5 fish limit for 14-7 I did have big fish for the day at 4-7.5. Our limit was good enough for 2nd place. My brother took 1st place with 15-3 but had a dead fish so he ended up with 14-11. 3rd place weighed in at 14-5. We had a close race at the top of the board.

This is a picture of my two big fish (I needed one more)

The weather was amazing (no wind)

JEremy

bamorris

where did you lanch from?

riverfan
    MN

Good looking fish!

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

Mickelsons is were we launched from. All of my good fish came while fishing weeds around the boat ramp area. We weighed one fish that was caught on a spinnerbait. The rest were caught on a home made swimjig. 1/4 ounce blue head with a blue and white skirt. All the fish that ate the swimjig wanted it moving high in the water.

I did also catch about 12 pounds of dog fish on the same jig. And I only landed 2 of them

Jeremy

CHAMP193
    Potosi WI

Nice job Jeremy!! Sounds like you had fun!!

pitbull
    Too far from the river

How many boats was there

tennispro
    Sterling, IL

We had a small turn out this month. We only had 3 boats Alot of the guys that we thought were going to fish had to work that day. It took at least 4 boats away just from that. We also had a few guys team up with other boat owners in this tournament. I was hopeing that we would have guys find partners that are not really that into bass fishing and get them hooked. Oh well, I will take 3-8 boats at every tournemnt and have fun.

Maybe get a few guys from out of the Sterling area to fish one or two.

Jeremy

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.