Express Bass Boats

• jfk24

After all of the conversation about the fastest, best riding, most manueverable bass boats. I never heard anything about Express. Anyone own one? How do they compare to fiberglass?

fishbonz

I heard they dont come close to the ride or speed of most fiberglass boats except far better ride then a Ranger at half the price.

pitbull
    Too far from the river

Well well I see fishbonz just graduated from lurkville high about damn time!!!

I’d take an xpress over an over priced ranger any day

Speed I know xpresses can haul sum bass when rigged right and the transom doesn’t twist and bend!!

I will take an xpress over a gambler any day!! With an xpress your fish will stay alive and with an xpress you’ll probably make it back to the weigh in..If you have a gambler..well it’s a gamble that you’ll make it back

ChadG

I have had the pleasure of fishing out of an X-19 Express with a 200 yamie. The ride is ok, not of Stratos, Champion quality but it does shake your nuggets like some. The speed is definitely there, if my buddy would put the right prop on his not too many boats in that class would run with him. The part that disapoints me a little is the front deck space and storage. Again not bad just not great. I think they are one of the best options out there for keeping the middle class guy competitive.

BIGDADDY280

Well,well,well I see the ole pitbull is lookin for another boot off a great site. I hope you settled out of court with “Redheads Anonymous” and female Jennie Craig fan club. For those of you who care, the man behind the name pitbull is really a shitzu. When the big dogs come out to play he wets himself. For the record, the ole champ with the wonderful 175 has had more capital distributed through its whole lower unit and head to buy two Ranger Nascar specials equipped with all the special gizmos that you can imagine. Still can’t fathom how a seven-year-old ride turns into $30,000 without consideration of a new transom or motor. That shows some incredible business sense! Of course, doughboy, cheeseface, or hot sauce can also be used to describe your after hours web entertainment on this wonderful site. I certainly hope that those reading this will laugh at you instead of with you because all pitbulls drool like Rainman. Stick to go go Diablo….

fishbonz

Hey Pitbull look on the bright side at least your vintage 1997 ficht 175 isnt on the back of a 30,000$ fiberglass flat bottom (Ranger)

pitbull
    Too far from the river

ouch bigdaddy…let me put my cup on before you kick me in the jimmy a little harder will ya

Note to self..never make fun of gambler boats or face a public lashing from bigdaddy!!!!!!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Dont know what the he you guys are talking about but I think that is a good thing.

pitbull
    Too far from the river

a good thing i just got smoked by bigdaddy or talking about how much better xpress is better than ranger????????

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

A good thing: we don’t understand.

Chitwood46
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I think these guys are just overly sensitive and jittery from getting their butts pounded by the river while NOT riding in a Ranger.

danwi
    westby wi

starting to wonder if some of this junk is even worth reading

jhall
    Lake City, MN

I thought I did enough bashing on rangers by now but it sure is tough to discourage you guys, but then again your used to getting pounded on anyways. Give me an express anyday over a ranger and you could even put a 15 horse on the back of it. I would catch fish and feel good about myself knowing I didnt sell my soul to the devil. Oops, looks like its time to shut my mouth (Ranger owner is squeezing out another tear due to my hurtfull words, AWWWW).

Champion Forever…….on that note,
    Anything but Ranger Forever!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Seriously now, does anyone really care what boat the “other guy” rides around in?! I know I don’t. You can bass fish off a pontoon or out of a CANOE for all I care… just give me enough room to cast and I’m happy.

If anyone disagrees with my take on this, remember one thing…

I betcha’ my dad can beat up your dad any day!…lol

(that’s kinda how I feel these “my boat’s better than your boat” posts come off sounding some times )

jhall
    Lake City, MN

Well put H2O!

Chitwood46
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

You know what it this is about though. Most of us have cars, trucks, airplanes, or boats that we researched and made personal decisions / choices about what to purchase. Then when someone comes along and implies your decision was stupid or not as good as their decision, I think it is human nature to feel a need to defend ourselves. It just becomes an assault on our personal credibilty. I have seen this in many forums and it is natural to respond defensively. The sad part is when one comes out with the obvious intent to belittle another person. Lastly, words are interpreted differently, albeit incorrectly, when you cannot see the smiling face of the person you are getting the message from. Graemlines (or Gremlins) can help.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.