oops

• jhall
    Lake City, MN

Kris,

I bet that makes you feel really good about the “dry skeeter ride”…kidding, you wont have anything like that on pool 4

sharkbait
    The mud puddle in western Ks

Thats just a stupidity issue there.Nothing to do with the weather just not knowing how to run a boat in the weather conditions that they had that day.You can handle some awful nasty stuff if you know how to handle a boat and it can get very dangerous if you think you are bulletproof and your boat will handle anything.I have fished weather like that before.We have high winds 3-4 days a week in the panhandle of Nebraska.I’ve seen several boats sunk but most of them were a direct result of not respecting the environment you are in.

wilson1
    s.e. wisconsin

That’s not funny I am sure d-nort is laughing at me. I filled my boat up exactly like that on pool 8two years ago not because of weather, but a double barge wake. biggest waves I have ever seen. It took 2.5 hours to bilge it out. the yammie never stopped running luckily.

kris_brantner
    My river

well ive seensome pretty big waves on lake pepin. that boat is fairly similiar to mine at least i know mine will have enough floatation in it to keep it from sinking all the way hehe. me and my buddy sunk his john boat this fall. we were stupid and had an absolutly incredible spot to duck hunt on lake pepin. it was windy as all getout and i backed the boat into the water. before my buddy could even get the boat turned facing into the waves the boat was already swamped. this was not a boating error tho, just some stupid judgement at the launch due to the excitment of knowing where 5k+ ducks were

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.