Which net?

• amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I know we have been through this before, but my memory is drawing a blank
    Here is what I am looking for:
    1.Must be collapseable
    2. Coated so hooks don’t stick
    3. must be big enough for mondo bass
    There was one at the Sport’s Show in Onalaska that folded down really nice but I can’t remember the brand name. If anyone remembers, the guy was right as you walked in the door.
    The net I had before (it blew out of the boat ) was alright, but it was big and wouldn’t fit in my rod locker. My boat is pretty tight on space and I want a net that doesn’t take up a lot of space when not being used

david_scott
    Twin Cities

What do you guys need a net for? Your using 50# test on 3# fish?

JCK
    nora springs ia floyd

I think my next one will be a stowmaster

woody-1961
    Menomonie,Wi

i recently bought a stowmaster,havent had any soft water to use it on yet but the concept of the net looks awesome,i had tossed around. a brinkman but i think this will be a great all purpose net.

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

No better net on the market than the Beckman Net. Made in Wisconsin (Madison area) with a lifetime warrantee on the yoke (the most obvious place for a collapsoable net to fail). The net is coated, the hoop is anodized to not be shiny and spook fish… Available anywhere, but Gander in LaX has a bunch. The extra 20% for the net will “net positive” results over your fishing career!

As info… I have 2… A muskie one (or southern bass one) that has a hoop that is 40+ inches and a bass/walleye one that is ~24 inches. I cut the handle down 2.5 inches so when its extended it fits nicely on the floor of my Ranger. They have customer service like St Croix rods… call them, if you cannot decide on something or have questions.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I had a Beckman and while I liked most of the qualities of the net, the hoop was just too big. I checked out the Stow Master and it looks interesting. I will have to see if they are going to be at the Madison show so I can see them up close

WeFish
    Fort Atkinson, WI USA

StowMaster will be there.
    WeFish

greg_r
    Woodbury MN

Beckman, several sizes and handles that extend, rubber coated net. I like the PRO walleye one for me. Last net you’ll ever buy unless your son drops it in the lake when your tryin to land a 30″er on tournament day!!! priceless.

dtro
    Inactive
    Jordan

Quote:

What do you guys need a net for? Your using 50# test on 3# fish?

In the immortal words of Hanson, “Um…hold on, did you just say you have a Bass net?”

Just kidding guys

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Slydog sent me the URL for the exact net I was looking for
    Here it is: Landing net
    After seeing this net in person, I knew it would make a perfect net for tourney and all fishing. It stows away small and can be worked with one hand

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

Mike. The one I use and really like is rubber coated. Bass Pro has one that is real close to the one I have. It is in the Bassmaster section.

amfyoyo1
    Iowa

Quote:

Mike. The one I use and really like is rubber coated.

Check out the YoNet. If you don’t like the neting, it only takes undoing two screws and replace the basket with one you really like.

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

The YoNet is the one I am considering the most right now. But, I am headed to BPS in a couple weeks so I will have to see what they have as well

amfyoyo1
    Iowa

Yo Mike
    What do you think! Does it does it stand up to my claims and meet your needs???

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Quote:

Quote:

Mike. The one I use and really like is rubber coated.

Check out the YoNet. If you don’t like the neting, it only takes undoing two screws and replace the basket with one you really like.

Double Fistin’ Looks like a neat idea

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

I didn’t get to use the YoNet on the water yet, but it is definitely a very nice net. It folds down really nice so it can be stored in a rod locker when not in use instead of laying on the floor in the way. When it comes time to net a fish, it unfolds with 1 hand and takes a matter of seconds to go from folded to ready to net. The medium size is perfect for bass and walleye. What is really nice is the reach this net has This net is as long if not longer than my Beckman I had. The handle has a nice bend in it where your hand goes and the forearm cradle makes the 1 hand use very easy. So far, I am very pleased with the design and function of this net.

jrotering
    Trempealeau, WI

Mike, You will be happy with your new purchase. I bought one last year at the Onalaska sports show. I put that YoNet through a very tough tournament test this last summer and it has held up great. It’s been stepped on more times than I can count and at times been treated like a flag pole on Ike’s boat. It’s still in great condition.

amfyoyo1
    Iowa

I like to hear about my babies.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Are these nets “tangle free”?

amwatson
    Holmen,WI

Yes they are

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Quote:

Are these nets “tangle free”?

By “tangle free” do you mean when you have just stuck into a nice 5#er on a tourney day at 12:30, you’re in spring current so your boat is floating down rapidly into a lay down, your partner’s jig is stuck in the upstream laydown so his reel in free spool as he tries to net the big kicker without being knocked down by the overhanging branches? If you have a net like that, I need one!

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

Yep, ReelGuy….that it what I meant

shane2694
    LaCrosse,WI

I have had the medium sized net in my boat for 2 years now and you would have a hard time getting it away from me. This last year I had the collapable part of the net break, I send a email explaining what happened and they sent me the replacement part in a couple of days. You cannot put a price on GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!!!. Yonet has my business for as long as they produce these nets. Now getting back to the net itself. It is very user friendly my 8 year old daughter will not let anyone else use this net if she is in the boat she is the net master. The best part for me is when I fish alone you have complete control of the net and your fishing rod at the same time. You can also create alot of leverage with the shape of the handle. I hope this will incourage more IDA members to try this net. If anyone has questions just ask!

illinois

I had a colappseable net yeats ago. I will never own another one. we had a pig on I dropped the net in the water half the bass went in the net the other half out. The net shifted the wrong way the bass came un buttoned and didnt get in the net. I am sure the new designs are much more reliable. I just cannot trust anything that colappses again.

amfyoyo1
    Iowa

Quote:

I dropped the net in the water half the bass went in the net the other half out. The net shifted the wrong way the bass came un buttoned and didnt get in the net.

Yo Dusty T
    I remember having the net you are talking about. It was difficult to collapse and even more difficult to control. I stepped on mine and it no longer collapsed. It became bottom structure.
    That’s why I invented the YoNet. It folds, and has unmatched control and takes the pressure off my wrist and it even withstood my partner backing the trailer over it.
    At my age, arthuritis can limit somethings but not my FISHIN.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.