Top Bass of 07?

• ozzyky
    On water

I know there was a post of your biggest bass of 06. Does anybody have anything yet for 07? I’ve managed 1 respectable bass so far. 21 1/2 5.8 lbs.

ozzyky
    On water

and a better background (same fish)

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

WOW!! Nice bucketmouth!

I hear those things are quite tasty.

ikeslayer
    Rochester, mn, Usa, Earth

STORY i would love to here the story about that pig coming through the hole. ike

BomberA

I’ll try and guess the story: Set up tip up, go drink a beer, look at tip up, no movement, have another beer, look at tip up, no movement, have another beer, look at tip up, oh crap there’s a flag. 3 man race to said flag, ozzy wins the race, watches for a second, gives her a solid BomberA hookset and pulls it up thinking another slimy northern only to see another5+ come out of the ice.

Now, how come you never get those when we are in a tournament.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Congrats, that is a TOAD!

ozzyky
    On water

Quote:

I’ll try and guess the story: Set up tip up, go drink a beer, look at tip up, no movement, have another beer, look at tip up, no movement, have another beer, look at tip up, oh crap there’s a flag. 3 man race to said flag, ozzy wins the race, watches for a second, gives her a solid BomberA hookset and pulls it up thinking another slimy northern only to see another5+ come out of the ice.

Close guess Bomber, but no bubblies were involved. After strategically scouting out the area the tip-ups were placed into there holes. Set up the arsenal of flags in a shallow bay that was 4-6 ft. deep. Gettting to the bay was the hard part. This lake doesn’t have a public landing or very good access. We had to drag a clam 5600 about a 1/2 mile through 5 inches of snow. (no sled or 4-wheeler…if you have this model of a shack you know how great they pull in snow ) After hand selecting my shiners at the bait shop. (This bait shop is on the honor system and I love being able to select my shiner size.) The minnow had to be 3 7/8 inches long or the fish wouldn’t hit . Actually a shiner between 3-6 inches did the trick. This boy was caught on a bigger shiner. Not alot of fight until he realized he was going to be coming up a hole. (The fish was running back towards the hole as I was bringing him in.) After getting his head facing up the hole I dipped the arm down and did the BomberA famouser lip job and a little Ike celebration as well. That’s about it I guess…ALOT of skill involved!

riverfan
    MN

Dandy fish! tough to top that so far in 07.

John

uppermiss rat316
    Elk River MN

Im in the 20s for smallies… nothing that big though…. most are between 16-18″ though Heres one

I think Im pretty much done now until early season bassin heats up on the river though

milker162002

Quote:

I was busy with another flag-up about twenty yards away when ozzky did the Skilled catching of this 5 pounder. I took the wrong the flag i guess. ha ha! No alcohol bomber, otherwise you were right on.

ozzyky
    On water

Quote:

I was busy with another flag-up about twenty yards away when ozzky did the Skilled catching of this 5 pounder. I took the wrong the flag i guess.

This is why I don’t like rotating flags w/ other people. I would rather just have my flags and they have there own, and you don’t need to worry about it. That way you don’t have to worry about the tip-up not working the way you want it to or the person taking your flag, getting the line tangled on the ice. Just my two cents on fishing tip-ups. I’ve done the share route too, but I like having using my own equipment, which if you noticed fisherofmen I didn’t take any other flags other than my own.

milker162002

Not too rough to pull a fish up with a tip up ya’ll. THat’s why I like to go at it with a group effort mindset. ANyone can pull in the fish, it’s the getting out to the right spot and putting in the time that counts in ice fishing (tip ups anyways).

ozzyky
    On water

Quote:

Not too rough to pull a fish up with a tip up ya’ll. THat’s why I like to go at it with a group effort mindset. ANyone can pull in the fish, it’s the getting out to the right spot and putting in the time that counts in ice fishing (tip ups anyways).

You would be amazed at how much more success you can have in a group where everyone takes care of there own flags.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.