VMC Scorpion Hooks

• davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Is there anyone else besides me who is having trouble keeping fish buttoned with VMC Scorpions? I gave them a pretty good chance last year but never threw one in a tournament because I was loosing fish. I like the idea and know MANY guys use them… just not me yet.

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

i like the idea as well, but it looks to me like the wider hook may keep the other 2 from hooking up. Also it looks like if just the bigger hook is in the lip, it would be easy for the fish to throw the bait…i dont know though, just my .02

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Nort…how much for that lot of cranks in the background?

kizew
    Dallas, WI

I didn’t have any trouble hooking fish until one day when I broke an eyelet on my glass cranking rod and started throwing it on a rod made of IM7. It may be all in my head but when I fixed the rod I fixed my problem. All my tournament day crankbaits have been upgraded.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Slop – I hate crankbaits so I guess I can let them go pretty cheap!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I’ll take some of the topwaters, got any Gunfish?

riverfan
    MN

A Rattle Trap is a heavy bait. Did you try em on anything else? We all would like to find something to keep em buttoned on a Trap but that might be the impossible dream!

John

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

John, have you tried the Triple Grip hooks. I have them on all my traps. I rarely lose fish with those hooks.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

I use to only buy the Bandits that had the triple grips because I thought they were the cats meow! I still think they are a fine hook, but I always seem to gravitate back to the traditional round-bend . I think I’ve taken one too many physics and geometry classes… .

riverfan
    MN

Quote:

I use to only buy the Bandits that had the triple grips because I thought they were the cats meow! I still think they are a fine hook, but I always seem to gravitate back to the traditional round-bend . I think I’ve taken one too many physics and geometry classes… .

Physics…geometry apply to fishing!

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Actually, I spend a lot of time thinking about every angle I can.

There goes my rep!

BTW John, I think you’re making a valid point about the trap’s weight…

jrotering
    Trempealeau, WI

Triple Grip!!! I hate those hooks… I waste more time trying to unhook the fish after it’s in the boat.

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

That looks like a sink nort- a little winter cleaning i take it? My wife does not understand why i empty all my tackle in the winter just to put it back in the box it was already in lol. I disguise my illness by saying i am taking inventory before i place the big spring order.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I like the Owner replacement trebles. Sharpest and stickiest I have found.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I was visiting the Rat-L-Trap website and noticed they have switched over to a hook that resembles the Triple Grip hooks.

I’m not sure when they switched over, this may be old news….

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

I send all my tackle through boot camp every winter and only the best-of-the-best are invited back to my boat the following year… .

willie boy
    Cornhusker Central ... HELP!

Quote:

I disguise my illness by saying i am taking inventory before i place the big spring order.

my wife refers to this as preparation for the annual ‘spring bling’ order..

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

“Spring Bling”

As soon as that BPS opens in the Mall of America, I’ll be making an annual pilgrimage up there for the necessary supplies.

sliderfishn
    Blaine, MN

Quote:

As soon as that BPS opens in the Mall of America, I’ll be making an annual pilgrimage up there for the necessary supplies.

Minimum of once a month for me

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

Man, could have used that in November- went up for the Iowa-Minn game (easy on the jokes, rough year lol) and stopped for 5 hours. Made 1 lap around each floor in about 1 hour, went to Bubba gump, drank beer and ate shrimp until the caravan was ready to leave. IMO that mall was a complete waste for an outdoorsman type of male. Might be worth a repeat trip with BPS though

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

Iowa-Minnesota? That was for the Big Ten number 5 spot right? Just givin’ ya a hard time, Go Bucky!

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.