2006 Smallie fishing

• riverfan
    MN

Is it just my perception or has 2006 been an exceptional year for better-than-average smallies? What do you guy’s think? Champman, I know what your answer will be.

John

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I can’t comment on the Smallies. All I know, is the Crappies are still biting very well.

fishnut

I would agree, now if you quit sticking all of them, maybe the rest of us will be able to appreciate them. Got a couple more yesterday after I dropped you off. Good luck in your 3 week excursion to South Africa to set up the x-rays for their hospital. Get this, John won’t be fishing for the next 3 weeks!! Pool 4 will get a slight break from the action, but maybe with all the guys reading this they’ll put away the guns and go rip on a few of the big smallies. Have a good trip!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I have caught fewer big smallies this year than in any of the past 5. Of course, JJ is hooking them all.

Actually, I think the problem has been operator error from the guy holding the rod and reel. Have had a much better time with largemouth though.

bassrap

I can’t really say. My friend that usually takes me fishing for big smallies has blown me off all year!

Have a great trip and hope we can get out after you get back!!!

kizew
    Dallas, WI

I would have to agree John! These northern lakes are producing some real pigs this year. The one tournament in which mostly smallies were weighed on Big Chetak that I thought I was way off track in September, I won with 12.37 or something like that. The last couple weeks has produced a number of 4 to 5 pounders.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.