I Heard a Rumor (Pool 4)…

• davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

While at the BFL Regional the last 7 days I heard a rumor that next year’s BFL schedule has changed. They are canning the July Clinton, IA tournament and replacing it with WABASHA, MN Pool 4! I sure hope that is true.

zombywuff
    Illinois

Good news! That was my suggestion when I first saw the tentative schedule. Maybe someone of importance heard me bitchin’!

dhnitro
    Markesan, WI

dave..I would welcome that greatly..even I have made alot of money on that pool

limitfish
    Le Claire, Ia

I have mixed feelings on that. It is my home pool and it is one tournament I don’t have to take time off work for to fish. I realize also that it fishes small but there are alot of fish in pools 14 and 15 and some good ones as indicated by Jeffs 17+ pound bag this year. Without researching it I am going to guess that that might have been the heaviest weight in the great lakes division this year. BUT !!! it was the worst tournament of the year for me including the regional.

I just checked Jeff had 17lbs 7oz in Clinton, that is a half pound heavier than any other limit weighed in the Great Lakes division this year.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Pools 13 and 14 are always prone to giving up a big sack like Jeff’s this year. The problem is there are very few big sacks. To prove my point, I cashed a check at the same Clinton tournament as Jeff’s 17+ pound win…and I only had 4 fish for 8 1/2 pounds. I had less than half of his weight and still finished in the top 20…

I wouldn’t mind fishing either place actually, I just prefer pool 4.

5bass
    near water

Why not keep clinton and get rid of the wolf river, at least in pool 13 ypu have the chance at a good sack if you go out and find them and can get a good draw.

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

I fished a tournament last weekend and it took 20 lbs to win on pools 4-5. 18 was 2nd.

I’m happy if they come to pool 4!!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I like pool 4….Hope they make the change.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I agree. Bring it on up. Last time the BFL was in Wabasha it took over 17# to win and around 11-13# was about 20th.

fishnut

Do they have a date set for this?

zombywuff
    Illinois

They don’t have anything up for 2007, yet.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.