Big Smallies

• riverfan
    MN

Glenn,

Dandy fish! Did you get a length and weight?

John

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Thanks John, no weight, just length…the boat I was in no one had a scale, so that was a bummer.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

John,
    Glenn’s Mille Lacs report says he got 2, a 20″, and the big one was 20 3/4″, but gave no weight. based on the big one we got last week up there (see ML Bass forum)and measured and weighed, Glenn’s 20 3/4″ would be very close to 5 3/4 pounds. Wow those fish are fantastic.
    Jack..

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Just got back from Lake Erie and figured I’d better put a comment in on this post. My friend caught big bass on day 2 of the tournament and it went 6# 8oz. On day three big bass was an eye popping 7#9oz. The weights speak for themselves, Lake Erie is without a doubt the best smallmouth fishery in the world.

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Jack thanks for the guesses on the weights…That was my guess for the big one and the 20″ I guessed was around 5.

riverfan
    MN

Crawdaddy,

Just qualified to fish the BASS Northern Divisional on Erie next fall. sounds like we need to talk!

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Glenn, That is an incredible fish man. I love the markings on that fish. Nicely done!

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

Nice jobs on the piggies glenn! glad to see your having a goodtime now that school is back in session !

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Nick,
    Even though school is back…gotta find that balannce that gives you time to fish, play hockey and do the school thing .

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

AMEN! unfortunetley i haven’t found any balance for that yet im working on it though… i haven’t been out since the first day of school, which started a wooping 7 days ago. it’s been the longest 7 days of my life i think. will find some balance though… shoot me a pm if you have any dates open for this fall

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Very nice fish Glenn. Gotta love catching smallies like that.
    Thanks, Bill

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Here are some pictures from this past weekend on Long Lake.

Bob Bowman
    MN

Those are some nice looking Smallies

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.