1st time on pool 8 need info

• brovarney

If you get around Goose and any of the kids are out just ask them how a swim jig works.

willwork4fish

Bill buddy, are you telling me you didn’t get a little swim jig schooling last month with me on Pool 10? That just hurts!

duckilr
    Mississippi River

Quote:

Rigged like in the photo on that brand of jig that trailer did not make the jig roll.

Note that it has a skiny body and the grub is straight on the shaft tail down.

But you do have that problem with other longer grubs? And no I don’t fish that brand of jig.

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

Im my experience you have to be absolutely sure that the grub is rigged straight with tail down. Whatever brand of jig you use and grub follow the seam down and come out straight. Also, not sure what size the jig is in the pic but if you are rolling lots and already rig straight then go to a heavier jig. By the way, the jig in the pic is a good brand and based on my observations is less prone to roll than some of the other brands.

BuzzBaitBill

Sorry guys for not reporting to you earlier busy at work. So I pick up same jigs some grubs tied to 1 rod fished them for 2 days only caught only 1 fish on the swim jig! My boater would not go to goose Island could not find anyone to show us the way. So fished some main river and 2 of the lakes in slope. Weather started out cloudy and rain north winds. But found some fish. On tournament day fog was thick in the morning did not burn off till 9 or so. My boater does not gps so fish so rip rap on main river till fog burned off still not able find a fish with the swim jig and my partner is not a slop fisherman. But with only 1 fish each we went slop fishing and fond fish. I ended up with 4 fish and missed the 3 other fish that were 3lb + just could not get them in the net. Ended the day with 4 fish just under 9lb and check.
    Thanks for the help this is a great looking pool just need to spend time on the water and time fishing the swim jig to get convinced with them.

Thanks BuzzBaitBill

Viewing 5 posts - 31 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.