best pool

• Dropshot
    Bristol, WI.

I am looking for somewhere to fish the last weekend in september. I am taking two friends who don’t fish that often. What pool do you guys like the best that time of year? I am thinking somewhere between pools 6-10. Looking for largmouth and smallies. Any good places to stay on the river. Looking for a cabin to rent for the weekend. Hope you guys can help! Thanks!

TomSchmitt
    Waucoma, IA

Genoa’s Great River Resort, Can fish 8 or 9 from that locale. Tell Don that Smitty sent ya. Its on the internet, greatriverresort.com

danwi
    westby wi

Dont know about the rest of the pools but thats a great time for smallies on 8

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

The last weekend in Sept. puts you smack dab in the middle of an awesome Smallie bite on pool 7. Although, it’s probably easy to say that bite can be replicated on any surrounding pool.

If you get up this way, look me up. I can help you find a good bite. It’s a beautiful time of the year up here.

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

Pool 8 period

Alex W
    Bangor, WI

Quote:

Pool 8 period

I think quite a few people would disagree with that, but it is a good pool. Pool 9 is my favorite it’s got a great smallie bite in the fall. Watch out for pellets in september though!

bassking27
    La Crosse, Wisconsin

ok i went to far all pools 7,8,9 are all good i couldn;t tell you about 6,5,4 i just really like 8 because thats the one i fish most often

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

If you want proof about the fishing on pool 7, go to the Reports Forum and search my reports for 2004-’05 Sept-Oct.

Pics don’t lie and a report without pics is a fish story…

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

What about our little honey hole down on pool 9? I hope that works out again this year… If it does I am staying up for the whole week.
    jc

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

yeah JC, you guys sure had it dialed in last year down there. i don’t have a favorite, i can’t talk because never really fished any of the other pools either. But looking at maps, pool 9 looks like it would be productive for my style of fishing and from what I hear its a great pool. can’t wait for my drivers licsense so i can drive down or up and figure out myself how good the other pools are.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I would eliminate Pool 6 from the list. Any of the other 3 would be fine choices.

BBBane
    Chippewa Falls, WI

So how much is JC’s honeyhole worth to all you other
    smallie chasers? I think this is kind of like Duke
    selling the Bush family receipe for baked beans

I believe he showed it to me last weekend… The
    fish of course weren’t there, but it sure shouted of
    Fall smallies. I really need to bring my iFinder with me
    next time JC takes me out on Pool 9!

Big Bass Bane

P.S. I have a complete loss of memory, when I fish with
    Jeremy. I want to continue fishing with JC

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.