Rush Lake near Chisago?

• Outkastconnor
    Royalton, MN

Looking for a little info on the lake neveer been there and planning to head out there this weekend. Any deep fish to be found?

fluker

I’ve only fished the lake in the fall and they were shallow. My assumption is there are fish deep as there are some good weedlines on the clearer side of the lake (East rush maybe?). I would also assume that some fish will hang out shallow all year round on that lake. There is some shallow cover next to deep water in the dirtier side (west rush I believe).

Thanks
    Chuck

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Fluker, you’re crackin me up! Ummmm….the East-side. Oh wait… maybe the West-side.

You got that Conner?

Just playing Fluke!

Outkastconnor
    Royalton, MN

Yep d-nort I got it! I think maybe thereis some fish in the lake…maybe Rush Lake Giving you a hard time fluker I appreciate any info I can get

fluker

Ha ha, phooey on you guys! I know there are 2 sides to the lake and they are quite different from each other. However with out looking at a map I can’t remember which is east and which is west. This southern boy has only been here 5 years and I still can’t get my navigation straight! Now if it had current like the river, I could tell you if you needed to go North or South! LOL

mikem
    SE Minnesota

The access on East [closer to Rush City and I-35] is shallow quite a ways out.

fishnut

Fluker your memory serves you well. The east side is shallow for a majority of the lake and the West Lake has more sharp brakes and weed lines. I’ve never fished the East lake, but some guys showed me some pigs from that side. I personally just prefer fishing the West to fit my style of fishing. Fluker, you might know which way the river runs, north or south, but were definitly going to have to teach you the difference between Wisconsin and Minnesota. Buy the way, next year when you drag me down to Missouri, show me them weedlines you’ve been hiding from me.

sicheneder
    forest lake,mn

most of the bass are shallow and big. the muskies seem to keep them shallow like on leech. there is some beautiful fish there.

riverfan
    MN

I agree, I’ve only fished the lake 2 days but had several experience where musky’s hit my jig flippin reeds. They would take off and mow reeds like a sickle bar. You best have a tight hold on your rod. The bass were way back in the cover.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.