Does anyone know what was the biggest smallmouth

• riverfan53

caught out of the Mississippi and what pool? What is some of your personal or best smallmouth caught or witnessed and from what pool/area, time of year, bait, conditions, etc?

Just thought it would be kind of find to get feedback on how people caught their monster smallies. Thanks

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

4 lb 10 oz

Pool# 7

Late May

Rat-l-trap

Won Big Bass in Team Bass/Miller Lite Open.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

5lbs 4oz’s. Pool 4, casting cranks to a wing dam in mid October. Craw fish colored Bomber fat A. This smallie was only 20″ long but was bigger around than a football . Really nice fish

buzzer
    Garnavillo Iowa

My personal best on the river is 6 pounds 22inches caught in early may fishing rip rap caught on a #9 floating Rapala clown color. I saw a 16 inch smallie weighed in at Team Supream a few years back that was 3.96 man what a football.
    The world record 11lbs, 15 oz. Caught by D.L. Hayes of Litchfield, KY at Cedar Hill Resort in July, 1955. As long as we are on the subject of big bass what is your bigest largemouth bass

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

The biggest smallie I’ve seen caught is a 21 1/2 incher caught on a Pop R by my son. The biggest largemouth I’ve caught was a 22 incher on a plastic worm.

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Biggest largemouth was 19 3/4 in. and 5 lb. 3 oz.

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

The biggest I have gotten out of the river was just over 5 lbs and measured just over 20 inches last spring. Two years ago, I pulled two Largies that were nice fish. One was 21.5 and the next was just over 22 inches. I est. they were both about six pounds. Last year I also saw a 7.25 caught during a tourny in April. All are still swimmin and hopefully still growing.

Bassman

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Sorry I forgot to share the techniques. The small was on a fluke in two foot of water. Thelargies were on a crankbait and a spinnerbait.

Bassman

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

I got my big bass flipping a bass jig with a plastic craw trailer.

Keith
    NE Iowa

The biggest smallmouth I have ever seen in person weighed a shade over 6lbs. and measured 23″ on the dot. It was caught this past fall on pool 10 and was release after some photos.
    My personal best is 4lbs. 2oz caught out of pool 9 in the fall as well

flick
    Alma WI

6lbs 2oz 23inchs caught in May on a wingdam ..caught on a black hair jig..In my famous smallie hole of pool 5.caught a 5lb 13oz that year too! I got the 6pounder mounted..Only smallmouth i have killed in my whole life! atleast a dozen have came out of there over 5lbs in the last 10years!

gunakapaducka
    bettendorf iowa

Caught a 4.5pounder near prairie on a RC tackle 4 tube and a over 6 lb.largemouth near lacrosse on a rc tackle 2 prong jig

DeeZee
    Champlin, Mn

Upper Miss near St. Cloud in October with a “Jimmy D’s” hair jig.

Fish went 22 inches and just a hair over 6#.

October seems to be a magical time up there and when you find one, there are about 10 others that are with in a bath tub distance from the first one!!

shore shinner
    Eau Claire Wi.

you know my biggest by far in my life is also 6.2 pounds but only 21 inches so he was a chubby fellow.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.