knot type

• waterfowler99
    Midwest

just wondering what type of knot you guys are using to join mono and superline together if your using mono as a filler on the bottom of the spool? may be this is something that has already been touched on?any answers are appreciated. thanks wf99

annmarie
    Des Moines, IA

I use a blood knot. seems to work well

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I hate using backing so I just drop a couple of layers of black electrical tape directly to the spool and tie to that. The superline holds really well with no slippage. Sucks to lose a big kitty because of an old knot.

kenwarren
    Olin, Iowa

I use double uni-knot.

waterfowler99
    Midwest

that is what i have been doing to this point. but i want to use afiller this year to save some $

gary_wellman
    South Metro

I’ve been using the double uni-knot for years and it has never failed me…….

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Quote:

I’ve been using the double uni-knot for years and it has never failed me…….

Me too!!!

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

I use a blood knot, but to be honest I should probably just use a granny knot! Reason being, if I EVER make a cast and hit the knot, that reel is DONE until it gets re-spooled. I have no concern of a fish pulling the knot out of the spool either because I don’t use any drag!

Maybe I should start using granny knots because then if I cast out to the filler-line, the line will come apart and I won’t have to worry about stripping it later .

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Not sure what the name is, it might be called the double uni, I do the double slip-bobber knot, back to back. I also use it to attach a florocarbon to a braided line on the fishing end also, no probs.
    good luck.
    Jack..

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

I use a blood knot, but to be honest I should probably just use a granny knot! Reason being, if I EVER make a cast and hit the knot, that reel is DONE until it gets re-spooled. I have no concern of a fish pulling the knot out of the spool either because I don’t use any drag!

Maybe I should start using granny knots because then if I cast out to the filler-line, the line will come apart and I won’t have to worry about stripping it later .

I use the granny knot. 2 in fact. Always. When I cast and see the backing, that reel hits the locker until I can put more line on it.

ikeslayer
    Rochester, mn, Usa, Earth

i use to use a blood knot but that can be difficult to hold when line diameters are drastically different then i used the nail not except you always need a nail or a straw but that was until i found the surgeons knot. I know everything i know about knots from being an air beater and i learned everything i know from this air beater website Animated knots

The knots as you can tell are animated knots right in front of your face. I get super excited when i see a forum on knots so i can share this premium info. It is quite an awesome website. Good luck and good learnin. ike

kNelson

double uni knot..very simple to learn..

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.