Bass Nationals

• popeye
    n e iowa

After watching the show last Sat. I thought it was poor coverage,unless you are from S Africa. Does ESPN know how many divisions fished this tournament? In a one hour show you would think we could see more than three guys catch fish. Oh, we did get to see all the div. champs on stage for what, five seconds. All in all the show sucked.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I agree, they didn’t show 1 clip of the Northern Division at all. It’s all part of ESPN’s agenda

bigefish
    Rock Falls, WI.

I agree, there’s an agenda and it doesn’t include us blue necks! I’m not being too negetive about this am I?
    JJ ALL THE WAY FEB. 24th @ the CLASSIC!
    TIGHT LINES
    ERIC

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

yeah you guys aren’t the only ones that have noticed this kind of stuff…The north doesn’t get much BASS coverage at all, unless the E-50’s in town ever notice, all the articles in the magazines, and most of the tv shows are all about southern reservoirs and stuff…our bass are different than theirs..Its hard to learn about mississippi river bass fishing when they are talking about lake fork,okeechobee, table rock, and the likes all the time

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

I agree the coverage was marginal and seemed to favor the other regions, but one reason might be that champman basically came from no where after 2 days to win the classic birth. Probably not enough cameras to cover everyone so they used the footage of those who were front runners the whole way. Remember when Thad Takes won? He had pretty good coverage (imo). Just a thought and maybe an excuse for BASS/ESPN on why they didnt have much film of interest to us directly. At the classic, champ will be well covered if he can pull off some more midwest magic, and maybe they wont overlook him later in the tourney when deciding who gets a camera in the boat!!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

of course it would have been awesome if they would have covered him on camera, But i would have been happy toi at least see his name put up the screen. They did not do that when they had the sportcenter segment. They only mentioned a couple of the guys. They should have layed it all out and showed like top 5 for each division, that would have been nice and only taken maybe an extra 45 seconds out of sportcenters time

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.