chatterbait

• bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

Well, I admit I am a sucker for new things but I ordered some of those chatterbaits to see what all the fuss is about- the video looks nice-wide wobble and lots of vibration from what ive read- better for us muddy water river rats down this way, but I am anxious to give it a try where i normally fish a sb or square bill crank

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Can you get us some pics or links to see what the bait looks like? I have no idea what it is, or what it looks like.

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

http://www.radlures.com
    there is a video that plays when you get to the site and another one you can watch

these are the lure that won the big o everstart/stren and was second and fifth (fritz) i think in the flw. Go onto bassfan and you can find some of the comments about it- they talk about it being good for dirty water that they fished down there- i figure its worth a try for me

http://www.bassfan.com/news_article.asp?id=1579

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Very interesting idea. Is it just me, or does it look like it would gum up with weeds easily?

jimt
    Sparta, WI

usacproshop.net also carries these at $6.95 a pop…with the same video…very interesting

jimt
    Sparta, WI

ya, it doesnt look very weed friendly.

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

I agree, doesnt look very weedless but they are using it in reeds and florida weeds from what it sounds like. I ordered a few to give a try at least.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Cool, let us know how they look.

Even if it’s just bathtub tests before spring.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

How is that different that the new Berkely power spoon or whatever that goofy thing-a-ma-jig spoon looking gizmo gadget that you put your worm on and it wobbles it?

BIGDADDY280

I purchased a bunch of these baits at the BASS classic in Pittsburg last Aug. Great bait if you use it like a crankbait. I would not recommend line heavier than 12lb. for this presentation. It is slow working. The company is a father and son deal, really great people!!! they have a pitchin and a casting model. To tell you the truth can not tell the difference other than the colors that are made available. It will catch a weed if it is within 5 feet of it!! NOT very pratical for that scenerio!!! The whole concept is based on a planer-board model attached to a jig head that is skirted with a split-tail or a grub trailer. I am sure it will catch something at some time!!!(bigger fish) the fish like the gold version with more regularity than the siver. It is a sheephead catchin son-of-a-gun Good fishing!!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.