Upper Miss Alt E feedback and meetings

• greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

Here is a copy of my letter to Don Hultman.
    I have sent letters and e-mails to the Fish&Wildlife,and all three congress people from Minnesota.
    I am still going to attend the meeting here in Wabasha.
    This is all I can do Now it is in there hands.
    You have until Feb 3 to submit your input on the subject.

brovarney

Great job Greg.

Hey everybody…..

Down load it…..

Read it…..

write something up…..short or long and send it out.

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

Thats kind of what I was looking for- Ill draft something up for the “relevant pools” for my reps and email it over. Appreciate you sharing.

jdb
    freeport,IL

I just came home from the Savanah meeting. Bottom line is duckhunters are getting the axe. Our taxes will be going up, along with fishing license fees. And the Fish&Wildlife Services is another perfect example of overpowerful government spending without any concern of the taxpayers input. The FWS keeps argueing, greater good as a whole. Duckhunters like their duckblinds(one lady was there to complain about the ugliness of the permanents)Another gentlemen couldn’t believe how much they were taking away from you guys up North for hunting area’s because he also hunts Wis. The only leg the biologist had to stand on here was it is crucial for the existance of the ducks to have this area for a layover. I met a gentleman once that owns a duckhunting club in Montana and he stated that the ducks wouldn’t even be there if it wasn’t for his repopulation efforts and the efforts of others like him. So,IMO, the biologist is claiming someone else’s work. What I want to know is the REAL agenda. It isn’t greater good or about some ducks, just like everything else its about MONEY and CONTROLL. IMO these FWS are going to suppress what 99.9% of the hunters are saying to get their financial agenda through(none of which is being discussed). Such as more FWS agents more maintenence buildings and offices. Along with them proving to be needed to their hire-ups to maintain job security. Bottom line ReefRunner hit the nail on the head. Make sure I go over the FWS and write a letter directly to government officials and FWS hirearchy to make sure that the local FWS doesn’t water down my concerns about my local area to get their agenda passed.START FLOODING WITH LETTERS FAST!!! Tax Increase

jdb
    freeport,IL

This is my letter to the governing bodies feel free to copy and cut plagerize or whatever you have my written consent good luck

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

In your letter you refer to ” The electric motor only areas are just like saying no access. It would take four hours under electric power to get to some of the areas to fish or hunt.” As I have been looking at the proposed electric trolling motor only areas for Alt E. — where is the area your referring to? In the other plans I saw large areas, that seem to be gone from “E” . What area spefically are you referring to? I’m about 95% in agreement with you letter, but need some clariication. Buzz

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I sent one off to a few days ago by email. No as in depth but I did state what I though of the plan overall and noted I am only in favor of plan A. I recieved a generic reply.

Also guys, keep in mind the Wabasha meeting is this next tuesday. I’m sure the others are soon too. We could use a better turn out at the Wabasha meeting. The last one I attended could have used more attendees. I can’t stress enough how important our voices are. Some of may not think we have a say, but it can never hurt to show up and voice your opinions. Remember, if this does go through and you never attended ameeting or sent a letter or email, you’ll never have the right to complain. I’m just pumping everyone up to get out and attend or send those emails.
    Thanks

jdb
    freeport,IL

This is the main focus and agenda of the FWS. Over $170million of your tax dollars is being requested by the FWS of your tax money. And please take a look at there existing staff Chart. What in the world are all these high paid people doing all day while I’m killing myself swinging a hammer? 170 million

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

The way I see it all of Big Lake, Catfish Slough and Thatchers are all invovled in the closed area Voluntary avoidance…No Motors …If this starts now, then what do they propose next..the attachment is the map..This is the way I see it maybe I am wrong.. web page

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

Here is a copy of the legend… you read it and interpret for your self…. web page

sports_anchor
    Albert Lea, MN

I hope the turnout is high at the Wabasha meeting as well. I’ve already informed our assignment editor and I believe KAAL-TV is planning on sending a reporter to cover it. If you want to have your opinion heard, make sure to find the camera and we’ll get those opinions, either in favor or against, on the news that night!

jdb
    freeport,IL

On a more positive note if this area did get the money maybe it would help produce a few jobs? What do you think?

pitbull
    Too far from the river

jasonsfishing…I was at the Sav meeting..i was the dude that stood up and called perm blinds a joke..i’m surprissed I made it out of there…according to the feds..Alt E is set in stone and these meetings and anybodys input don’t really matter.

I can’t believe the stupid canoe trails they have proposed..they did to make people think they weren’t trying to make it no wake!!

timdomaille
    Rochester Mn

I went to the meeting last night. I am not inpressed with the USFW at all. In my opinion, they already have there mind made up! It seemed last night like they were just there because they has to be. ONE NOT HAPPY RIVER USER!!!

herb
    6ft under

I had a pretty idea in a earlier post of what these a holes were going to do. The best thing to do now is to get hold of your representatives in Washington and start the ball rolling to this whole thing thrown out.

BIGDADDY280

Everybody has lost sight, again, of the “SPIN”. It is all about the allocated Federal money!! If they do not find a way to use it they lose it!! $500,000,000.00 that’s right 1/2 a billion!!!! They give two hoots about who it effects or who will benefit it is all about POLITICAL abuse. Welcome to the New world of the outdoors!!!! Please let me remind you, this crap will not change since there is appropration money that will be spent!! Enjoy the one way ticket to changes that last a life-time!!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

At the meeting in Wabasha they were asked ALOT of questions and mostly gave ALOT of ummms and ahhhs as they didn’t have alot to say for themselves on the tough questions. You can tell they don’t fish or hunt or they would never plan what they are planning. I am beginning to think that they are becoming PETA people and also are against tournaments because the best way to get rid of bass tournaments is to get rid of the backwaters where the bass fishermen fish. If you are reading this and aren’t a bass fisherman then you still better beware because some more of YOUR rights will be next taken away. Fishermen need to band together, and all sportsmen better band together [fishermen and hunters together] or we will lose alot more down the road. Look how powerfull BASS and other big organizations became by banding together. Theres power in numbers. We can’t be divided because divided they fall but united they stand.
    Thanks, Bill

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

Only 22 days left for your input.
    Keep those cards and letters and e-mails rippin.
    Cause the days are tickin down.
    Here is a copy of my last letter.
    I have been sending them to all agencies.
    It sure can’t hurt.
    I think I have spent 20 bucks in postage the last two months
    But heck things go according to there plan I can apply for govenment assistance soon
    Thanks to all that have sent in there input.

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Just think Greg: ALL that money that we fishermen/hunters provides the DNR/Gov with from the special taxes on everything we buy thats related to fishing/hunting [we are the biggest spenders by far many times over of ANY river user groups] and it is going to be used against us to take our privedges away on the river which is suppose to be public property anyway. Doesn’t make sense. Makes me think that the DNR is trying to shoot themselves in the foot or something. Stupid if you ask me. Here I go buy a 14 ft jon boat and motor for fishing crappies, gills, bass, and eyes in the backwaters and now they want to tell me which backwaters I can use my little 9.9 hp motor on and which ones I can’t. I don’t think its right that they can take my or your or yours rights away. WE have rights too. Or did they forget about that?
    Thanks, Bill

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Like Greg said, its important to email some letters off. They are reading them and considering them all. I think many people have the notion that they will do what they want to do, but that isn’t all true. From there first proposal till now, they have listened and bargained some. I wish and hope that all river users have sent emails or written in.

herb
    6ft under

I’ve sent some letters and called my reps in D.C.
    All I’ve gotten in return are generic ‘thank you, we’ll check into it’ replies.
    I honestly think the ALT E plan will come to be because that was their original plan to begin with. All the other stuff was hooey they went thru to try to fool us into thinking we were getting a better deal.
    The management plan and the public meetings were mandatory, but I don’t think it said they had to change a thing from what was already in place. There are too many antis in high positions working for the Federal Refuge system, and we are now seeing their agenda.
    That last sentence comes from a retired federal waterfowl biologist.

greg-vandemark
    Wabasha Mn

Hey Jeremiah,
    Thanks for the update.
    I have forwarded those links to our legislative members here in Minnesota.
    I still have my e-mails going out daily.
    We will be heard on this subject.

Thanks again you rock

Viewing 23 posts - 31 through 53 (of 53 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.