Tournament Strength Tuna

• riverfan
    MN

Since my tuna sandwiches are getting as much notoriety as my fishing I thought I should share the recipe.

WARNING! This is very powerful stuff. I haven’t measured it against KVD’s cookies but I suspect it’s close! Before you bring “Tournament Strength Tuna” in the boat with you follow these steps:
    1. Spool your best reel with fresh high-quality, high-test line.
    2. Attach the reel to your best rod using extra measures too assure the reel won’t pop out of the reel seat.
    3. Replace the netting in you landing net
    4. Have the camera ready and your best friend along to record you trophy catch.
    5. Know the local CO’s phone number so he can verify if it’s a state record.
    6. If you’re fishing a tournament have a Brink’s truck near by to haul off the loot.

Ingredients: Three small cans of water-packed tuna, Liquid smoke, Miracle Whip Light, Sweet Pickle Relish, Onion, Creamy Horseradish sandwich spread.

Recipe: Remember this is a guy thing, it’s never been written down before. The accuracy of the measurements may be in question. Open and drain water from tuna cans. Use the lid to squeeze as much water as possible out of the can. Add a few drops of liquid smoke to each can and let stand. Chop about a ¼ of an average size onion (adjust to taste). In a mixing bowl add the onion, 1 or 2 tablespoons of sweet pickle relish and the tuna. Start with 4 tablespoons of Miracle Whip and a squeezeeeeee of horseradish spread. Blend ingredients with a fork and add more Miracle Whip if the batch is to dry. Taste and adjust ingredients to your taste. Cover and refrigerate overnight to allow the flavors blend. Serve on your favorite bread or bun. However, it had to beat an onion bun.

As Fishnut noted you may need “Tournament Strength Antacids” along with you.

John

champman
    la crosse

i would have to agree, they’re in the boat everytime we fish- i think it’s the onion rolls you put them on too! How do you spell relief?

danwi
    westby wi

dang! im gonna have to try that. Really looks like it would be very good.

fishnut

Lucky You Champman, but for a guy who doesn’t drink, it can be pure hell!! I think John grew up in the old Bud Grant days where the best offense is a good defense. As John wings swim jigs past your ear, all you can do is stand their and try to breath as this building burning sensation rises up your chest!!! As he snarls and laughs at getting the 1st shot in the sweet spot, you normally would offer the guy help lipping the one he has just bagged, but the overwelming feeling of burping and acid are to much. Beware John, their will be the day when you go [censored] over tea kettles into the drink to lip one as your partner stands their pounding his chest and you won’t know if it’s because of heartburn or the dieing urge to laugh!!! When you pull it out of the baggy and your eyes start to water, all he could say was “I might have alittle too much horseradish on this batch!” Maybe I’ll have to bring along some of Grandmas Chocolate Exlax bars?

fluker

Fishnut, you don’t know BURN. I tried to replicate with out having the nice set of instructions above. It wouldn’t get creamy enough, so I kept adding horseradish!!! OUCH did it burn. I put the left over in the fridge and my wife’s eyes started watering when she opened the door to get out something to drink!!!

Chef John. Heck with your cooking expertiese and captain’s license, you could start the Vikings Cruise on the River. )

Fluker

fishnut

For some reason Tuna and strippers sound pretty good together! Maybe if he puts more horseradish in, we won’t smell the tuna so much. If he captains the ship, I want to be first mate for this voyage.

riverfan
    MN

Now that sound like a good Idea! Anyone else want to sign up as crew members?

jhall
    Lake City, MN

NO THANKS!!! Its tough enough to push a Bassboat off of a sandbar!

bassrap

Are you sure that’s YOUR recipe?

Maybe I’ll print it off and circulate it around the shop and see what “others” have to say!

danwi
    westby wi

Riverfan
    I made some up today
    It’s great
    The only problem i have is i dont think any will be left tomorrow. Is it really better after it sets a day? Not really sure i’ll ever find out

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.