It started out as one of those days…..

• Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

but it ended great. I went out fishing for one last time before I put the boat away and it started out bad. First I didn’t get out of class until late, then I get to the landing and my throttle control on my boat breaks so I say screw it I will just use the trolling motor cause I am on a small area of water. So what happens next after about 1/2 hour of fishing the trolling motor batteries go dead. Yes I know that was my fault, but it still didn’t make me happy. I thought it was plugged in for awhile, but it didn’t take a good charge. Anyways so with everything going so well I figure I will go home so I am rowing my 17′ bass boat back to the landing which is not an easy task when I stop at this little point right by the landing and throw a crankbait out quick and then it began. I caught 7 fish in 1 hour the smallest being 17″ and the largest being 21″. It was the best day I had fishing all year. 3 of the fish were over 4lbs and one was over 5 lbs by a hair. All the fish were caught on a Bomber A crankbait on one small point. So just remember to always make that one last cast cause things can change at anytime.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Largemouth or smallmouth?

Awesome when a crap day turns great isn’t it?

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

Awesome Buzzbait!! I had a great day…it was probably my best day all year as well. I fished for seven hours and caught about 45 bass!

I think i caught maybe 10 keepers with the biggest being 20 inches. It was awesome..Caught all fish on either a deep diving shad rap in 10 fow or a team supreme sweet cheek which is a beaver knock off…it was a sweet day!

2Fishy4U

Super, it happens and when it does you try and remember the day, temp, water level, etc. so you can give it a shot the following year. And sometime during that subsequent year it happens again. But not in the same spot; that is what makes the river so great.

Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

They were all largemouth. Yeah I definetely took note of the conditions and what I was using. I wish everyday could be like that minus everything breaking. Thanks Guys

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.