Whats the deal with color?

• Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

Hey guys I have been doing a lot of fishing off shore due to the fact that college has got me stuck at school all the time and work has me the rest of the time, but I have been going down to a lake that I like to fish and using tube baits. I usually will just cast my tube out as far as I can and drage it back. I usually use any of my green colors and have been pounding the bass. Well since I was running out of green colors I started trying blacks, blues, yellows,whites,etc. and nothing. I go put a green back on and here come the fish again. Is it the color, that particular lake, the fish, or just me. I am baffled. Any suggestions welcome.

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

It very well could be the lake that you are fishing. Every lake is different and a lot of things can factor in to what is making the bass tick. It may be water temperature, clarity, or the types of forage that are in the lake. honestly, if you are pounding the bass with that bait, well then i guess you really dont have to change anything. As long as it works. When i am really catching fish, i like to change it up and see if they will still bite on different lures/colors. Try a different bait like a worm or a creature and see if you can still get bit.
    For me, i have colors that i am really confident in and others that i am not. I really like brown tubes and craws for fishing rocks for smallies, but i like to use watermelons, greens, and reds for largies in the shallows.
    Just keep experimenting, maybe you will learn some new techniques too!

brovarney

Get some green dye.

The tube will suck it up. Mix with a little worm oil or fish formula.

Come on….. you are in college.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.