“No Cull” Everstart?

• mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

What kind of research did they do? How are they tracking the culled fish?

jhall
    Lake City, MN

They asked each angler to fill out surveys to see how many fish were culled, what time of day they were caught and if they were largemouth or smallmouth. I believe they shocked fish before the tourney and held them and also held fish from the acyual weigh in and were going to compare the mortality rates. someone coorect me if Im wrong. I didnt like the Idea of holding bass this time of year but I hope they know what they are doing. I would just suspect that this time of year, a cold blodded creature would have their motabilism in overdrive and holding them will not give the most accurate information. Just my thoughts……….what do you all think?

brovarney

They set up 12x12x8 foot pens off the ends of those peirs just south of fishermens resterant. The shocked up 120 fish as “non cull” and then got 120 from the event. The guy doing it seemed to have his act together. He stopped and talked to us and bought some jigs.

Does any one know where we could find the results? They should have all been released by now.

jhall
    Lake City, MN

Man, I wish i could find a spot that was 12 by 12 that had 120 keeper bass in it. You have to wonder if that’s realistic or what I really mean is: does that effect the outcome of the study in a negative way?

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

I would think with in the next couple weeks, the DNR would have some conclusions from their findings.

brovarney

It’s not the DNR. They have subcontracted the science out to UW Stevens Point. I think that is a great move. Having people who have no vested interest in the results do the study.

Viewing 6 posts - 31 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.