BFL Prairie du Chien

• CHAMP193
    Potosi WI

I’m looking for a non-boater to sign up with for the BFL tournament out of Prairie du Chien on July 23rd. Please let me know ASAP if interested.
    Thanks, Jason

tony_p
    Waterloo, IA

I may be interested i sent you a pm.

CHAMP193
    Potosi WI

Thanks. I think we need to be in by July 3rd.

CHAMP193
    Potosi WI

I’m still looking for a non-boater to sign up with. Anyone interested?

Bassguitar
    Glen Ellyn, Illinois

Hey Champ, I am already registered & paid up for Prairie. I had a boater that I signed up with for the first two – I used his name for this one but I don’t think he’ll fish this one – he didn’t fish the last one. So if you still need someone send me an e-mail at [email protected], other wise see ya at Prairie.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Congrats to our buddy Ben Kurtz on his win at PDC! 16.8lbs WAY TO GO!!

Here is a pic of one of the storms that came through both during pre-fishing and the morning of the tourney. There is nothing wrong w/the camera, this was how dark it got.

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Holy Batflaps!!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Another story on the tourney. My co-angler and I were fishing the same direction when a lightning bolt hit a pole about 40-50 yards in front of us. We watched the bolt shoot down the pole and explode at the bottom. Needless to say we hit the deck of my boat in a hurry. We also watched another bolt sizzle a tree.

We stopped fishing for a few minutes, but couldn’t for long b/c the fish were still biting. So we were kneeling down on the decks casting side ways in hopes that we didn’t get struck. We ended up pulling a double instead….It was hilarious…

We both had small limits, but my co-angler cashed a small check out of the deal, so that was good.

We caught tons of fish, but lots of 2lb’ers….You can tell as well seeing as half the field had weights of 9-12lbs…

See you all in Wabasha next month

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

i was otw on wednesday slop and i could see all the storms down that way. I know that wasnt the day of the tournament, but i believe there were guys out there prefishing. I could tell that it was probably storming a good one down there. Fishing kicked off good for me and then slowed down when i picked up my friend and then i went out with a different friend later and thats when we got some nicer fish. Plastics on wood was the primary bite for us.
    I went back out with him the next day and the wood bite was not good. The only fish we got came out of weeds on either a plastic, buzzbait, or a swimjig.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Quote:

We stopped fishing for a few minutes, but couldn’t for long b/c the fish were still biting.

Just long enough to clean yourselves up I take it
    Great pic Slop!

adloos
    Winona, MN

I heard it poured like 3 inches of rain in 2 hours. Did anyone else hear that?

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I didn’t hear it, I experienced it

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

I experienced it as well and it was a wet one. At one point it got so dark, it waslike night time. Nice picture Slop and good job to you as well.

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

It’s a good thing Slop found a dock with a shelter on it and called us over to it. The point that D-Nort and I were ducked into to wait it out got struck four times by lightning!

That was one MEAN storm…then it got HOT and STICKY!

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

You guys will have to ask Crawford how his tourney weekend went on Le Homme Dieu when he gets back from San Fran….

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Why, did he get whacked by lightning?

PTrudeau
    Chicago area

Congrats again to Ben, great job. I experienced the rain, wind and lightning as well and it was intense. But they sure where biting when it was going through. The smallies didn’t bite as well for me during the tourney as in practice but oh well. See all at the next BFL

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

No lightning but I say a Triton launch 20 feet in the air and then lift style docks follow on top as I was tossed completely out of the boat and onto dry ground… The Triton is dead…. I saw 6 boats that would never run again and 20 foot waves on a lake…
    jc

brovarney

Better the Triton than you.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

Jeremy;

WHAT HAPPENED??????????

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

ya, what was that all about???!!!

sports_anchor
    Albert Lea, MN

The storm you guys were talking about was at its worst point up in nw minnesota near glenwood. TS minnesota was also there on lake minnewaska. 70-80 mph winds, heavy lightning and 3 tournament bass boats totaled on the shore, including Jeremy and his uncle Curt. Homeowners also had their docks and boats tossed out of the water and onto shore. It was a scary morning. Dad and I got lucky, we were on the north side of the lake when the storm hit. Those on the south end weren’t as lucky. All anglers survived it safely, unfortunately, their fiberglass boats didn’t.

gary_wellman
    South Metro

So;

If I’m understanding this correctly, the storm blew the boats on top of shore???

Are there pics???

sports_anchor
    Albert Lea, MN

You are understanding correctly. The twin cities tv stations ran stories on it Saturday night. I believe KSTP had video of some of the damage, including a couple bass boats on the rocks.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I talked to Dave Cindrich on the phone about it. He runs that Team Supreme circuit. He said he will be post some more about it. He said straight line winds of 80+ mph. A few boats totaled out. Lots more beached and equipment lost. I’ll let him wrap it up as he was eye witness.

jhall
    Lake City, MN

dosent sound good! Glad to hear that you and all others are ok JC, boats can be replaced, lives can not.

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Thanks, yep. The boat can be replaced as well as ther gear…. I am not sure I can get another stock pile of Fat Raps though….
    jc

Bassguitar
    Glen Ellyn, Illinois

I Just got back from vacation, cool pic – I didn’t see a thing – we were running durning the big time storm, (my head down, eye’s closed trying not to let the pain get to me and hoping my boater could see.) WOW

zombywuff
    Illinois

I was experiencing the same thing, Bassguitar! I gotta get a mask, helmet or something! Those raindrops hurt at 60mph

I did hear, while standing in the line for bags, that one boater and his co-angler both got zapped. Not actually struck, but felt the charge running through their feet and legs. Scary Chit! Just glad my boater was taller than me!

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.