Favorite Plastic!

• Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

I know it has probably been asked before, but new stuff comes out all the time. What is your favorite plastic for bass fishing on the river and what size hooks, weights, and situations do you use them in. Thanks Jason

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

I would like to say Sweet Beavers , just cause I like to say it. But after all I went thru to get them I cant find a fish that will eat one. . I would have to say a senko type stick bait. I buy the cheaper ones, they are much tougher. Followed by baby Brush Hogs.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Brush Hogs, Senkos, Flukes, Lizards, Ringworms, all pretty much have there time and place. Even the old regular plastic worm.

Everyone else loves tubes, I use em, but don’t love em.

kenwarren
    Olin, Iowa

I’m very partial to ribbed tubes and small wooly hawg tails both from YUM and in watermeleon or to a lesser degree green pumpkin.

Hooks have to be Owner cutting point 3/0 or 4/0 widegap.

Weight are little pricey but love those excaliber tungsten. These are much smaller and harder than lead. Fish with braid and you can easily tell what the bottom is made of. great feel. Down side is they break glass bead in a few minutes.

My 2 cents.

brovarney

black xmas, green pumpkin xmas, green pumpkin blue flake and green gobi tubes. Gotta have the rattle. Gotta have the current.

All hail the mighty tube.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE GOOD AND I ALLWAYS HAVE A ASSORTMENT RIGGED (BECAUSE OF THE DIFFERENT CONDITIONS ON THE MIGHTY MISS.) BUT ONE THAT HASN’T BEEN MENTIONED AND IS ALLWAYS RIGGED IN MY BOAT IS A 1/4 WHITE JIG (MUST HAVE A EYEBALL ON IT) WITH A 2in WHITE/BLACK BACK SASSY SHAD, I HAVE CAUGHT EVERY SPECIES OF FISH THAT SWIMS IN THE RIVER ON THIS AND IS MY GO TO BAIT WHEN ALL ELSE FAILS.

JUST MY $.02

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

I catch more fish on a grub than all the rest combined.
    jc

Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

If anyone gets a chance I would like to see a picture of your brush hogs texas rigged. I have tried them with a 3,4,and 5/0 hook and it seems like the plastic is too heave and the hook always pulls out. I don’t know it just doesn’t look right, but I am new to fishing with these so any help is appreciated. Thanks

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Buzzbait,

You may want to try what is called Texsposing them. Basically, what that means is that you drive the hook point all the way through, and then, just skin hook the point of the hook. I find this to wook very well with large plastics like brush hogs. As long as you get enough of the plastic when going back in, it will not affect the weedlessness of the rig either. It is something you should try. If you have any questions with this, let me know.

Bassman

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.