That’s what I’m talkin’ about!!!

• davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Check out this dude! MID-90’s!!!

I know, I know…it’s a Bullet not a Blazer. But they’re almost identical .

You can read about it here…
    BBC BULLET FORUM

pitbull
    Too far from the river

you know what they say…guys in fast boats can’t catch fish..I’ve seen it a zillion times!!

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

It looks like his eyeballs are sunk to the back of his head

lundgeye
    Rochester, Minnesota

And if he keeps driving at that speed, it won’t be long his eyeballs will permanently stay shrunk in the backside of his head….it looks like about 2 inches of boat in the water.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Help me out here…is that what they call a River Pro?

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

you know what they say…guys in fast boats can’t catch fish..I’ve seen it a zillion times!!

So what’s your excuse?

fireman731
    Miles, Iowa

Must be a NO WAKE ZONE….not enough boat in the water to make a wake.

pitbull
    Too far from the river

Trust me when I say this BC…I’ve won more money and I have more wood (plaques)that fills up my spare room that i won on the river them you prolly ever will and I did it in a short time..I know you prolly just thru a left jab that you meant not to make it hurt but it got me right in the nose and it stung lol.

My point was that I’ve seen it a alot that guys with ultra fast boats just worry about just going fast and they have no skill on catching fish and shoulda just taken up racing of sum sort..I remember sitting at the restaurant at big slough and this dude came up said “I can make it to the dam in 10 minutes” I said “big deal…we’ll see what ya have for fish at the end of the day” needless to say the dude wasn’t even a factor and fished a ton of tournys and never was a factor…in fact he don’t even fish anymore…There are exceptions to the rule..not very many but there are some and they know who they are

sorry about the rant but i’ve got more..I’ve won a tourney with a go-devil..you shoulda seen the faces of everybody when we showed up at launch with a 20hp go-devil….it was over when we got there and took home a 1000 bones and a month later there was all sorts or restrictions for hp and being liquid cooled…i’ve never ever had a fast boat because it has never mattered..most times I like taking off last sometimes cause it’s a lot easier to make ur decision where to start..if you have just one lil spot that have to catch ur fish out of ur in trouble…the only time where a fast boat comes into play is when u have a short tourney like a john deere tuesday nighter where u fish from 5-8:30pm…Last tuesday nighter I took 2nd..I fished with a bud that has an allison and that mofo does 90mph..we took 2nd so I guess i’m an exception to the rule

carry on bro!!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Trust me when I say this BC…I’ve won more money and I have more wood (plaques)that fills up my spare room that i won on the river them you prolly ever will and I did it in a short time..I know you prolly just thru a left jab that you meant not to make it hurt but it got me right in the nose and it stung lol.

When have you ever cared about throwing jabs, “stingers”, hurting people or offending anyone?

You’ve been there and back w/your accomplishments.??..let’s not go overboard….and PRO-BASS on PS2 does not count… ….Throw your money in the big rings and then start bragging.

18fisher
    Hastings,MN

lets try and support each other here. All we need is the enviromentalists seeing us at each others throats and they’ll have a hay day.

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Can I get a cheese and sausage pizza to go with that whine?

I don’t know if you have ever heard of one of these…but it’s called a joke. You don’t know anything about me, nor do I know anything about you. So please don’t go running your mouth acting like you do. Put your money where your mouth is and we’ll go from there.

onthewater
    Roanoke, Virginia

Hmm. Fast boats… If fast boats = bass catching ability… We’ll you get the idea.

I had fallen victim to the notion that “I got have this lure,” “I gotta have that lure.” “The swimin’ jig is the secrety weapon of the River Jedi”, ie ObiWonMonsoorKenoBi.” But something odd has been happening.

I fish Smith Mountain Lake, Kerr/Gaston Lake which are fished nearly daily @ 24/7 (oh, night tournaments down here are bigger than day tournaments); so they’re pressured, to write the least.

Well, I stopped worrying about what everyone else was doing, where they were and what were the dominant patterns. I shut my brain off, looked at the river and asked myself this question: Where are the fish?

I pulled into a little gut which had deep water and much rip-rap, and started to flip. 5 hours later I had put 7 in the boat (realax, anal people, I caught and realeased). Seems I keep doing this when I get out of my way and just fish.

I used a jig color combination and made sense to me. Black and blue with green pump./blue fleck trailer. I just tied it on and began to look for fish.

I’m not writing that I’m better than anyone or that this is the age old answer to the question, “where are the fish biting.” All I’m writing is that when I shut off and just look for fish, I find them and usually in places where others don’t or will not fish.

Does a specific boat manufacturer matter? No. I run a Ranger for the extra $. Best riding boat I’ve ever been in? Champion & Basscat.

Well, I gotta go make some biscuits and gravy .

Thanks,

OTW, Roanoke, VA

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Ok guys, lets kiss and make up. Another saying is: you two get along good enough to be married. In other words, lets all be buds and enjoy fishing together as thats a bond that keeps us all together and keeps peta from being able to seperate us.
    Thanks, Bill

fluker

Go fast boats aren’t my thing, but I’ll be the first to admit that is one SWEET picture!

You know, I’ve been trying to tell Ronningen this is his problem. His boat goes too fast, thus he isn’t catching the fish he should be. he he he

brovarney

Must be the POST SPAWN BLUES

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

you’re right there up-chuck, (Fluker). I do it everytime, put my boat in, take off and drive. 8-10 hours later I set it down and think damn, where did the day go. Then its tournament time and all I have is nothing. Well, its a tough deal for me, but at least I have an excuse. Why don’t you catch fish?

Just picking

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Imagine what that boat would look like after the mayfly hatch. That dude would be pick’n his teeth for years to come.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Quote:

Imagine what that boat would look like after the mayfly hatch. That dude would be pick’n his teeth for years to come.

Did someone say Mayflies?

fluker

Blue, that’s CRAZY!!!!!!!

ER – I’m a misplanted Southern Boy, that’s my excuse! Weedline what? Wingdam who? ;o)

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

ok, I’ll except that. But if we put you on some bluff walls you’d kick tail then wouldn’t ya. I’m just joshing ya!

fishing4life
    Lacrosse,WI

Hey i have 15 horse wanna race jp i hope to have a boat like that sum day.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Quote:

I’ve won more money and I have more wood (plaques)that fills up my spare room that i won on the river them you prolly ever will and I did it in a short time

Hey Pitbull– Sounds like you have the game figured out. However, I don’t agree with your 20 HP Go-Devil analogy… because that STILL had to be faster than most the Rangers out there!

No seriously, I now know what I’ve been doing wrong…anyone want to buy my Blazer?

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

Trade you even up d-nort
    You need my 14′ 25hp merc to catch Bass

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

Quote:

I’ve won more money and I have more wood (plaques)that fills up my spare room that i won on the river them you prolly ever will and I did it in a short time

Hey Pitbull– Sounds like you have the game figured out. However, I don’t agree with your 20 HP Go-Devil analogy… because that STILL had to be faster than most the Rangers out there!

No seriously, I now know what I’ve been doing wrong…anyone want to buy my Blazer?

I got an old fiberglass flat back 18 foot canoe, needs some glass work on the transom. 12,500 sound about right?

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

dude that’s too funny!

BIGDADDY280

Hey Blue?! Crawford get that Bussbait hung in that Maple tree??? Those were not Black Maple leaves. That spot looks vaguely familiar.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I plead the 5th….

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.