Pre-Tournament Routine

• rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

I know some guys who are pre-fishing all week for the BFL this weekend…

I also see some HUGE rigs in town, obviously prefishing in my opinion…

I see more sneak boats out there (some of you are just too darn obvious)…

Anyway, as I get better, I appreciate, understand, and participate in the concept of pre-fishing, and pre-tournament routines… but, how much is required, and how much do guys really do?

Practically, if you work a full time job and are some distance from the site of the event, there doesn’t seem to be much time to do this activity except, say, for more than a day. Am I missing something?

Bottom line, I am wondering if people might share their personal viewpoints and best practices in preparation for tournaments, especially those with some track record of success.

I look forward to reading your posts.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

I’ll be out fishing for the TS tourney on Sunday starting tomorrow and fishing through friday. I know I will have to watch my back all week long. As for my routine….I’ll be putting the “fun” in Dys“fun”ctional Fishing. Is this my typical routine as in taking so much time off? Nope, I just happen to have 8 days to burn before my renewal date on May 27th. My pre-fishing usually consists of a case of beer and watching the boats on Lake Onalaska with a good set of binoculars……

crbasser
    IA

Quote:

My pre-fishing usually consists of a case of beer and watching the boats on Lake Onalaska with a good set of binoculars……

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Watch your back

, ain’t that the truth..lol

I’m fishing the BFL Saturday and my routine starts tonight. I’ll be fishing after work w/MossBoss and I took the rest of the week off.

I’ve already marked up over 50 spots I am going to try and hit over the next few days. I’ll stick fish Wednesday and and probably a few on thursday. Friday I’ll just be checking to see if the fish are still there…

Tuesday 4:30-8:15p.m.
    Wednesday I’ll be out from @5:30a.m. til 8:15p.m…clubber included)
    Thursday 5:30a.m.-8:15p.m.
    Friday probably just in the morning til @ lunch time. 5:30-11:30

And while i’m not fishing, i’ll be downing a few OSL’s w/DNORT,AMACK, BLUE, BC, Jones-In, and whoever else wants to join us for some

chewes
    Lansing, IL also known as the Flatland by the Border of IN.

For this BFL it will be leave at 5 in morning Friday. Meet up with DAD (Brovarney) Find a bunch of beds, get off the water and fill addicits perscriptions with swim jigs out of the back of my truck.
    I know alot of guys spend at 3 maybe 4 days prefishing. For me that wouldn’t even be possable. They do well though. The biggest key I have noticed is knowing when to stop sticking fish.
    When I fish everstarts I usually give myself 4 days befor and try to get around to prefish between them which will be hard this year because they so stacked on top of one another.
    See everybody at the meeting Friday,
    Wal-mart or bust!
    Casey Hewes
    President
    Brovarney Baits

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

I’m rolling into LAX tonight!!!

capnbass520
    Lake Minnetonka, MN

I was planning on prefishing weds through fri but a bad cylinder and Evinrude saying not to run the motor along with my dealer not looking at my unit till it was too late to repair has forced me to withdraw. I am fishing the tour so will be in a deep hole now but wish you all big bags and I think you will seee some huge bags this weekend.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Sorry to hear you couldn’t get the boat running Bob.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I hope this pre-fish hawg pattern holds true for Saturday Got these two 20min. apart

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

I didn’t take pictures of all…but same pattern?

brovarney

You didn’t include some of my favorites:

1-Find the box with all of the___________________ in it.

2-Where is the extention cord?

3-I was sure that new line was _____________.

4-Honey where where those rain boots you got me for christmas?

5-Figuring out where I’m going to park the truck and trailer during Baseball practice Thursday so I can leave right from there…….(Good luck coach Dan)!!!!!

6- Remember it’s fun.

7- How do you spell donor?

8-And somewhere in there fish.

capnbass520
    Lake Minnetonka, MN

Slop and BC those are some nice looking fish,, and if they are alll biting on the same thing and it holds up you guys could have quite bag on Sat,,, maybe the good lord kept me off the water withthe bad motor so I wouldnt be a donor? I dont think so hahah,..

mnfish
    Lake Elmo MN

Slop,
    Must have been the Hot Foot that helped you catch those things Good Luck this weekend!!!

brovarney

Quote:

I hope this pre-fish hawg pattern holds true for Saturday Got these two 20min. apart

The scary part is that the elbows are bent. These aren’t your typical IDA pic’s with the arm extended fully towards the camera.

You are trying to confuse us aren’t you?????

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Quote:

Quote:

The scary part is that the elbows are bent. These aren’t your typical IDA pic’s with the arm extended fully towards the camera.

You are trying to confuse us aren’t you?????

\

I think it was just excellent cmera work by the cameraman.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.