Buffalo City/Alma bite going?

• robby
    Quad Cities

Hi all. I am planning on being up the River for a few days later this week. Just wondering how the bite is going around pools 4,5,and 5A. Any info would be great. I am not asking for or expecting particular spots, just wondering about general conditions and successes. Thanks all.

schrauth

I can only speak for Lake Pepin and lower pool 4. Water level and current are similiar to early August right now and clarity is exceptional for this time of year. The bite is still a little slow in most locations – expect to work some to find a pattern.

robby
    Quad Cities

Schrauth, Thanks!

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

I’ve been on 5a and 6 and you will pick some up but we have not found the mother load yet.

Harmonist34

We had a club tourney on 5A and 6 last Saturday. Most of the guys in the club fish the river all the time. Nobody did very well. 4 fish for 8 lbs. or so won it. One guy stuck a 5.5 lb. largemouth, but almost everybody came in with only one or two keepers. Yours truly managed 3 bass that were over 13.5″ but couldn’t quite stretch to 14″.

Andy

robby
    Quad Cities

I did not make it up. Pops called on Thurs morning as I was getting ready to leave for the trip. He told me about the cold weather and winds and I decided to stay here. I will come up another time.– Rob

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.