Found some nice fish Sunday!

• Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

Hit the Mississippi on Sunday for a while and found some nice fish. I was able to get on a couple nice bass right away around 12 or so in the backwaters by prairie island in Winona. I then went back to one of the boat harbors and found 3 more nice bass the biggest being just over 20″. I also caught a nice northern back there that went 34.5″. Then just as I was getting ready to leave I caught a 22″ Walleye while throwing a Bomber A at a rock pile. I caught most of the other fish on a white bleeding hook buzzbait or the bomber A. All of them were released to fight again. Sorry no pics camera battery went dead about 10 minutes in to the day. Oh Well!

cade-laufenberg
    Winona,MN/La Crosse, WI

awesome. Were you buzzing the buzzbait on top or were you working it slowly? my dad sometimes uses buzzbaits really slowly as a spinner because he can work it really slow but keep it above the weeds. He catches just as many bass doing this as he does on a spinner bait.

Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

I was working all of my lures very slowly. The buzzbaits especially, but they were blowing up on it when they would hit it. It is such a blast when a fish hits on a topwater lure.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.