BFL – May 14th

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Just curious who all was going to be up here for this?

Also, on a side note, the 10 day forecast starting tomorrow shows rain or chance of rain everyday.

BassHog
    Wind Lake, WI

The expected precip. is coming from D-Nort’s tears…..

brovarney

Casey and I will be up for the first time up after the baby tournement.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Easy BassHog!!! Now that we’re on an even playing field we’ll see who is sitting higher at the end of the year.

At least you can rest assured knowing that both of us will have NO PROBLEM beating them JerkLip boys! And they’re LOCALS!

– d-nort

BassHog
    Wind Lake, WI

Nort….need I remind you of the Wind Lake HOG caught behind you?!?!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

both of us will have NO PROBLEM beating them JerkLip boys! And they’re LOCALS!

Care to put up a friendly side wager Nort?

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

At least you can rest assured knowing that both of us will have NO PROBLEM beating them JerkLip boys! And they’re LOCALS!

– d-nort

I’ll put a bet on that too.

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

I’ll put some money up and I am not even fishing… I have a 20 spot on D-Nort…. Hey D-Nort. Need a little help?
    jc

serpent
    MPLS, MN

new guy here. if any of you care i’ll be there as a co angler. 1st tournament ever. hoping to draw someone who knows where the fish are.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

I have a 20 spot on D-Nort

Join the list JC:
    “Hater”

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Sounds like trash talking now. I know plenty of people to tell me where the “hotspots” are and what the fish are doing. If I were to choose to ask these people, would that make me a better fisherman than D-Nort? Just curious.

If I know D-Nort…he’ll find his own patterns/locations, just as I do.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Quote:

If I know D-Nort…he’ll find his own patterns/locations, just as I do.

…says who BC? I mean yeah, I’ve always had to find spots on my own in the past, but watch how fast I accept someone elses info!

I already have a good idea of where I SHOULD find them about now…we’ll just see if they are where they SHOULD be. There or not…I’ll still pull something together by T-day and show you JL-boys what’s up!!!

One thing is for sure, the BFL is going to be MUCH more entertaining now that you guys are fishing it. This thread should be called “BFL Smacktalk”

– d-nort

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Dave,

Think you’ll be doing this on Saturday?

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

I see someone has been spending a little too much time on FLWOUTDOORS website!

But to answer your question…”YES”. That’s my goal in EVERY tournament!

– d-nort

zombywuff
    Illinois

I’ll be cruising into town Friday afternoon. Making the move from the Illini Division this year. Hope to meet some of you there. I’ll just look and listen to where the trash talking is coming from, walk over and introduce myself. Good luck guys, just don’t sink each others boats before takeoff!

capnbass520
    Lake Minnetonka, MN

Anyone know of a good campground or inexpensive motel in the area for the BFL this weekend? I plan on getting on the water thurs since I havent fished this area in about 18 yrs,,,Hope my insurance covers lower units,,,,

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Exel Inn, Road Star Inn are both pretty cheap hotels. Otherwise I believe the closest campsite would have to be either Neshonic campground or Goose Island. BTW – Nice lookin’ boat!

capnbass520
    Lake Minnetonka, MN

Well good luck to all you fishing the BFL this weekend, I was forced to drop out because of a bad cylinder and Evinrude saying not to run the motor as is and my dealer being unable to get a new powerhead installed in the past 10 days. I am fishing the tour and will see you all at Wolf Lake, looks like I need to make up some ground. Should be some huge bags coming in this weekend.GOOD LUCK and God Speed

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Just want to wish good luck to all IDA people in the tourny this weekend. I am looking forward to seeing how things play out.

Bassman

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Is it too late to sign up and fish the BFL as a boater this weekend? What are the tournament hours? Any information on this event would be appreciated, including the tournament directors phone number and price of entry fees. Thanks,
    ‘daddy
    Oh, and if you wanna throw out a prediction for winning weight feel free to do that too!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

You’d better show up at Wal-Mart @ 4:30 to find out if you can get in.

There’s going to be a ton of fish brought in tomorrow…The fish are biting big time….Good luck everyone..save me a few

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Slop… (or someone), is the weigh in at Clinton Sreet or Walmart? And, what time?

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Just saw a special on ABC news here in LaCrosse… Neat segment on the BFL this weekend. They featured Art Benson (sp?) from the area… anyone know this neme? Fishes a white Triton, looks to be late 90’s vintage.

Anyway, they indicated weigh-in was Clinton Street at 2:30 PM on Saturday.

I will likely head down, weather permitting. Good luck guys!

danwi
    westby wi

IDA D-Nort takes 8th pl in BFL …….5.fish 15-01
    Way to go D-Nort

BassHog
    Wind Lake, WI

D-Nort is the man

brovarney

D-nort

I am not worthy to kiss your feet.

You are the man…..

An Ugly Man…..

What did you do scare them into the boat??????

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Congrats DNORT …and Congrats to BassHog for a 12th place finish….

Harmonist34

I snuck onto the first page of results! First tourney – got myself a nice round number: 50th place. I’m pleased with that. Lost two fish (like everyone else, I know, I know) that would have probably put me in the money. Can’t ask for much more than that.

It didn’t do me a bit of good for tournament purposes, but I may have caught the big fish of the day – a 15+ lb. northern. My partner and I had found a strip in pool 8 where the baitfish were being pushed against a bank. He had a couple short strikes on a spinnerbait, so I switched to one. I saw a huge V of jumping baitfish that was at least 30 feet wide. Figured it was something huge, and I ended up hooking it two casts later. I managed to impale myself pretty good trying to hold it up for a pic, so I finished the tournament with a rag wrapped around my hand trying to keep blood off of everything in the boat.

Great experience, as a whole. I wish I could fish the others this year!

Congrats to D-Nort and anybody else on the board who cashed a check.

Andy

How about that winning total for the non-boater?! I guess a 5.11 sorta helps.

scc
    LaX, WI

Congrats to all those who did well!! I had the pleasure of fishing with a young man named Ben Kurtz. We had a great day but the fishing was pretty lousy. Ben had some fish going but they got pretty badly beaten up the few days before the tournament and we struggled to even get bit on the day of the tournament. Regardless, it was a good day to be out on the water. Ended up with one lonely 2.5 lb smallie that was good enough for 60th place.
    Steve

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.