Lansing Report

• Niteeye
    Nashua,Iowa

Fished below the power plant last night and had alot of fun with the smallies. I was throwing a natural jointed SR and my buddy threw a chart. twister. We had alot of 12 to 14 inch fish with the largest being 16. We caught small stripers and rock bass too. I had one sheepie that went about 5lbs. I wish they didn’t convince you they are a big smallie before you finally see them. Still alot of fun. Met one guy putting in that said he had a good day with the crappies in Desota. I plan on taking my Dad over Sat. and hope we do it again.See ya on the water.

sports_anchor
    Albert Lea, MN

Are you catching those smallies along the main river bank below the power plant? Wing dams, wood, or grass?

Niteeye
    Nashua,Iowa

We were fishing the Iowa side and throwing at the banks. Large to medium size rocks on the banks were key. Larger fish hit out away from the bank in 4 to 6 ft. Did well after retrieving a lure from the rocks throwing parallel in that depth. Hang on they weren’t shy.

Niteeye
    Nashua,Iowa

The old man showed me up sat. night. He was up by six before I got things going. I did find the fish were located in the grass. Casting to the bank and bringing the jointed SR through any openings in the grass got you bit. We found most of are fish in a 3/4 mile section. It was the only section the #5 SR would still be hitting rock half way back to the boat. Dad had one that went 17″ and we had a great day on the river together. See ya out there.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.