Miss info

• riverfan
    MN

JC,

Thanks for the link, you didn’t come out and say it but there is language in the summery that sounds like tournament fishing might be regulated. If you are a tournament fisherman, you best attend a session in your area.
    There is also refferance to guiding and the required Coast Guard License.

John

fishnut

Scroll to the bottom of the reports and you’ll see maps of areas with proposed regulations. Big areas where only electric motors use only and some of the areas listed as no fishing. I personally disagree with some of these ideas for the simple reason I don’t think it would bring more people to the area, but rather discourage people (bass fisherman) unless I sell the 520 and get a canoe, and a wide brimmed hat, and suntan lotion, and binoculars, etc,. More friggin government regulations! Next thing you know we’ll have speed limits! I honestly believe if I was out “bird watching” that the wife and who ever else I would take would love to ride comfortably in a boat (exspecially in October/November) that paddle a canoe around. Great article, get involved guys and thanks for posting it Crawdad!

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I don’t know which makes me happier, the eletric only areas (I assume this means no go-devil’s, airboats, etc. in the fall also, I don’t have either BTW) or the expansion of closed areas in the hunting season. Just what the ducks need, MORE area to not come out of, and LESS area to spread the hunting pressure over.

Brilliant plans here.

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Tell me about it. The electric olny areas of the black river will definately hurt the available fishing areas on pool 7. Gperz. Broken arrow and tarket on pool 8. Most of the areas marked as electric are some of the best spots on the river. I wonder if this is by accident?

jc

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I sure plan on attending the Wabasha area meetings and putting in my two cents. John and Brent, you going?

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I don’t get why the areas marked electic are electric. I mean, To even get to the black river electric only area would take forever in a canoe or such. I guess you could boat there and walk in or skiff in, but this will do nothing but eliminate most users. I guess I don;t see the reasoning behind it.

The funny thing about the target lake area is that it went right down the middle of Target. Who will enforce that? I didn’t think Broken Arrow was included in the map I looked at, you mean some have even BIGGER areas than their “preferred” option?

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

how do you get to those maps your looking at. I can’t find em’

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

Thanks, I found it. I didn’t look hard enough the first time. This sounds like some serious business. I don’t fully understand how it will affect us as anglers though. Will certain areas be off limits to gas engines/no boats, etc? Those are the questions I have.

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

yep, there are many electric only areas which look like they are some of the prime spring locations for bass.
    The other big question is if they are going to allow bass boats in using only the trolling motor or are they banning any boat with a gas motor on it.
    jc

BIGDADDY280

Hey, just to let everyone know Ed Britton is one of the “BIG CHEESES” at the fed level. He is an advocate of the fisherman, believes everyone should enjoy this resourse and is asking us to use the forum dates and meeting sites as a way to let our voices be heard!!!! refreshing! I will probably blow my cover with this post, however, many of the membership “posters” are falling into the trap laid out by those who wish to see fishing, regulated into oblivion!! At this point in the game Minn. is the state that is drawing the most attention. I believe it is not for what they are doing, but, for what we the fisherman are not doing!! Our voices are no longer good enough. Our presents is not requested, it is now REQUIRED, to make a difference!!!! Talk is cheap!! Action gets it done. The momentum that has taken hold is from CHICKEN SH.. people looking for something to attack. Ed has given us the oportunity to make our presents felt, heard , and to make a difference. I do not think we will get another opportunity like this!!!! I have sat through many meeting where the voices are silent!! Lets us, all make an inpact. The outdoors is one of the last places that we can relax without worry of “BIG BROTHER” lets keep it that way.

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

You are right. We all need to step up and tell our friends and get to one of those local meetings posted in the stuff by Jeremy. Otherwise it will for sure happen and then we’ll sit and wine about it and wonder why. So now is the time to spread the word, keep this post fresh, go pack the house at those meetings and do our best to keep things the way they are. Its public water guys. We all love it and so do the fish we like to chase, and if we can’t get to them then it will take alot of fun out of river fishing.

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Here are a few facts from pool 10.

1. All of glenn lake and from the top to the smallie cut on the bottom will be electric only which may ban any gas powered motor boat even if you are not using the gas motor.

2. The entire bagly bottoms area. Electric only.

3. Everything south of bussy from the main channel East is off limits starting october 1st.

4. Garnet and grassy lakes off limits October 1st.

5. No wake all of Johnson slough from just above Sny all the way to the top of the island. About 5 miles.

6. slow zone from the cut onto Sny south past the sand beach at wyalusing.

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Is there validitity to environemntal claims? What are they, and is this permament or temporary?

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

This is just crazy

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Not that this would take effect this year, but if so those off-limit spots are sure going to be an issue during the BFL super tournament since it’s on Pool 10 Oct 1 & 2.

riverdog

and a 20 mph speed limit in spring lake on pool 13…i think a boat at 20 mph is gonna throw a hell of a lot bigger wake than at 60. of course, i would hate to disturb all the deer, pelicans, beavers, herons, ducks, geese, cranes, and other wildlife I ALREADY SEE THERE. what is the point of this? are we eroding the banks?

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I hear ya….We can wine all we want but we all need to show up at one of the local meetings with all your friends and figure out whats going on and how to possibly change it.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.