Finding bigger fish

• buzz4469
    Plainview, MN

Hello all. I am a fairly inexperienced bass fisherman I only really started targeting them last year and it is great, but I am having trouble finding the bigger fish. I was out yesterday and caught a total of 8 largemouth in a bout 2 hours but they were all between 1-2 pounds. Do I need to search for different areas or should I stay here and eventually catch a few bigger ones. I guess what I am asking is “Are the bigger fish in different locations than the smaller ones or are they all in the same area together?” Any information would be greatly appreciated.
    Thank you.

heitda
    Eau Claire, WI

Bigger bass sometimes are near groups of smaller bass. They usually are located on the best piece of structure or ambush place around. If all you are catching is little ones, you need to move. Look for similar places to where you were catching the smaller ones. If that doesn’t work, I’d look for a little deeper water with the other qualities.

The big ones are usually much more fussy on what they will eat compared to the smaller ones.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.