Going out Sunday any tips?

• Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

Hey guys I will be going out for the first time this sunday. I am going to be on pool 5 and was wondering if anyone has any tips on locations, lures, colors, patterns. etc. Should I be in the backwaters where it is calm or out in the open water or both? It looks like some of you guys are catching a little of everything now, but I would assume the smallies would be a little more active or I am I wrong. Any help would be great. Thanks guys.

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Sorry, didn’t get on here before this post. How’d you do?

Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

It was a pretty tough day. I was trying everything, but all I could come up with were 2 northerns. The kicker was that one of them was 39.5 inches and the other was 28 inches. She was a monster. I caught it on a spinner bait in about 4 feet of water right in front of a downed tree. Oh well the bass will come I’m sure.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Hey Buzz,
    We struggled all weekend as well. Not sure what is needed. We even found some bays with 64 degrees.?
    Like you said they will hit sooner than later.
    Good Luck

eronningen
    Rochester, MN

I bet by this weekend it will be picking up. At least I hope so, I’m heading down to kick off my year.

Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

Haywood were you fishing in winona here or did you go out of town? I didn’t even see any fish moving or anything. It was just dead in the backwaters other than the wind that was blowing the boat all over the place. Oh well! It was still nice to get out on the water and try all my new tackle and Rods/reels. Anyone else in the area have any luck?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.