Where/when to start?

• Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

Hey guys I know some of you never put your boats away, but I stored my bass boat over the winter and was wondering when you think a good time to get the boat out would be. What I mean is if I am fishing for bass how soon does it start picking up and where should I start looking. Also what lures/presentations should I be looking with Thanks for the info.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Water tempurature will tell you.

The following is info based on my personal findings, and is directed more toward largemouth…

The coldest (open) water surface temp that I have caught a bass in was 47*. At least since I started keeping track. However, when the temps cross that 50* mark, it’s time. As the temps continue to climb into the mid-50’s, IT’S ON! Mid-50’s can be common around mid-April.

Knowing what tempuratures the bass bite at is the easy part. When early Spring air temps flucuate and drag the water temps along, finding the right water tempurature can be the tough part. That’s when you do what all the articles say. Fish later in the day, concentrate on the NW corner of the lakes, find creeks/ streams mouths, etc…

Now when it comes to smallies in your neck of the woods…I’m pretty sure you can get them now.

– d-nort

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.