West Salem BassMasters’ Spring Fever!

• Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

West Salem BassMasters’
    Spring Fever Open Bass Tournament
    Mississippi River Pools 7-8-9
    April 23rd – John Schmidt 608-786-0808
    Launch Clinton St. Landing.

Typically get 50+ Boats and is a great kick off to the Fishing Season. 8 fish limit If I remember Correctly.

garvi
    LACROSSE WI

WHAT IS THE ENTRANCE FEE ??

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Just talked to Scotty, he said $100 bucks

alans
    Waterford, WI

Are you fishing it SLOP?

Oh…. by the way. I haven’t talked to you in a while.

alans
    Waterford, WI

No, im fishing a open tourney on Puckaway that day.

mattkenseth17
    FOND DU LAC

hopefully we kick some butt to al

riverbassman

Slop, do you know why only 7,8 & 9? Can we go down to 10? We would bring 2 boats/teams over if we could jump down to 10. Is it because of permits or has it just always been that way. Would they consider it??

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I’m sure it’s a combination of both. They probably have the permit for 7-8-9…

Having a 3 pool tourney is basically the norm (depending on pool size). Launching in the middle (8), and have options up or down. 7 or 9.

So unfortunately, 10 is off-limits….One thing for sure is I HOPE you would be on fish if you wanted to make a double lock down to 10 and back up

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

If you want to run all he way to pool 10 and can get your limit and back on time them by all means do it. There is nobody out there that with either know you went that far and if you do none of the Bass guys will care. They pick a pool up and a pool down because it represents the most logical route anyone would want to take. I have done the down to 9 then back up to 7 deal a couple times but my partner and I decided after the benjamins in gas were spent that this was just not an option any longer. Pool 10 is a sleeper now. There has been limited tourneys on that water and from what i have heard its really come back around. It has always been good but I am hearing of a 4-5 lb fish being caught in parie again.
    jc

onthewater
    Roanoke, Virginia

Hey, all,

I fished this with Slopy last year, and it was great. I’ve also fished the Puck opener… I’ll tell ya what, the West Salem Bass Master’s Spring Fever tournament was much better in that the water’s not skinny and there were great fish to be caught; what’s more, slop and I had all our areas to ourselves.

If Puck would come up a least a foot, it would be a great tournament.

Thanks,

OTW

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Hummm…

6 & 7 pounders ?

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

This is coming up….if anyone needs entry forms sent to them, let me know.

Anyone fishing this?

smokey420
    kendall,wi.

sent mine in a month ago,see you there

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Good Luck tomorrow….It’s going to be COLD (high of 48ish) and WINDY (18-25mph)

Stop over and say hi if you see me

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Good luck to you Slop and everyone else who is fishin this

wgeister
    Dundee, IL

So, Slop and Champman went head to head today… what were the results?

Hope that even though the weather was rotten, that the fishing was good!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Champman dominated me today….He took 2nd place.

I made the mistake of locking up to 7 and dealing w/4-5 foot rollers on the lake. My whole morning was basically wasted…and YES, i said R-O-LL-E-R-S. 40+mph winds I swamped my boat several times on the 40minute trip back to the lock

We ended up 17th out of 50. Like I mentioned above, JJ took 2nd w/26+ lbs….Winning Weight was Doug Stanton w/28lbs.

It was good to be out either way, I’ve got 2 tournaments next weekend, so i’ll be busy getting ready for that this week. Since you asked, so far it’s

Slop :1, Champman: 1 on head to head.

The season continues!!!!
    See you Sunday JJ!!

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

Congrats Jimmy and Slop I spent my day on a golf course for a banquet and let me tell you it was cold, but being on the water would’ve been better

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Also wanted to say thanks to AmWatson and Bret for stopping down and showing their support. Thanks Guys

smokey420
    kendall,wi.

i was there to and we had 5 keepers for a total of 12.40 pds.From what i saw that must of put me in around 12th place.not to bad 4 the guy with the only alumacraft out of 50+ bass boats not to acuse anyone of anything but i didn’t think much of guys loading there boats driving to the end of the parking lot and then coming back with there fish.is this what they do in bigger tournys,i don’t think so.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

not to acuse anyone of anything but i didn’t think much of guys loading there boats driving to the end of the parking lot and then coming back with there fish.is this what they do in bigger tournys,i don’t think so.

For the most part, this is done b/c there isn’t enough room at the landing for everyone to park their boats on the bank.

FLW trailers boats back to wal-mart before weighing in fish. So do BFL supertournaments. I’ve seen them do it on BASS Open events as well. It’s really not that uncommon.

Smokey…Stanton (who won it) fished out a flatbottom w/a 40HP motor

Stop by and say hi if you see me next time…

smokey420
    kendall,wi.

wonder what a ruff ride that was?i know it was bad enough for me with the wind.i ran down to the goose island area and fought with it all day.

benotto
    Shawano, WI

You guys thought that the wind was bad here this weekend. I was on Winnebago this weekend, and there were six footers !!!! Yes, I said six footers. It took us and hour and a half to go one mile. The boat was absoluty filled with water by the time we finally got to the area that we wanted to fish. At least we found a good area to fish for next weekends tournament . Those guys on the east side of the state are in for some trouble . What were the winning weights, big fish, and how many smallies compared to largies? Sounds like everyone had a great time though which is good to hear.

champman
    la crosse

sloppy, i don’t think you can even consider that little club tourny for the whole bountiful creel of 2 fish being a true test of your fishing prowess! I think it’s champman 2/ sloppy 0!!!!!!! I KNOW we caught WAY more fish than you guys did that night- i think wingdam can back me on this one.

champman
    la crosse

way to funny! BTW, that’s what big smallies look like!

jimt
    Sparta, WI

Hate to beat a “dead horse” about last weekend…Not sure where we ended up in standings with 7 fish for 18.40lbs but smallmouth were deffinately the ticket. We made a calculated error on not sticking with the fish we found because we were tired of getting pounded by the wind and current. Managed a 4.51 and 4 off that spot…man we’re stupid. With the cool weather forecasted for the next week hopefully the fish won’t move much by this weekend. Anybody fishing the MS on Sunday?

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

BC and I will be fishing MS on sunday

Lots of Rain and cool weather this week. I pray that we don’t see 40+mph winds again.

From what i saw it was about 70-30 SM -vs- LM for the guys that brought in good fish. See you Sunday

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.