spring action

• natureboy
    LaCrosse,WI

Well it’s official. I have the itch so bad that I up at midnight writing this post. I need to get out bass’n so bad. This post concerns not the river but other locations. my spring break is the third week in march. approx. 13-20th. Does anyone know anywhere besides florida or maybe texas that I can drive to to catch bass in good numbers. I have been to missouri several times to both mark twain and truman and had a blast. but that was always early april. any imput or suggestions about where I can get away to would be great.

kevin

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

If you find somewhere good, let me know. Got spring break the same time, and up at Stout we will still have snow

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

The jerk bait bite will be good on Lake of the Ozarks by then and Mark Twain will be good in the creeks for bass and crappie.

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Went to Table Rock mid-March in the early 90’s and caught a ton of fish. Got a heck of a deal at the Bass Pro lodge.

scc
    LaX, WI

Went to Truman for two straight years during spring break back in the early 90s (man I’m getting old!) If I remember right both trips were in mid-March and both were quite good. We stayed at Bucksaw Point and the folks there were very helpful as far as putting us on fish.
    SC

police
    near water

My in laws live in alabama and i was informed that the bass are in pre spawn it about a 12-18 hour drive depends on where you go to.

natureboy
    LaCrosse,WI

Alabama would just be too far to drive I think. I went online and found many guide services and marinas on both truman and table rock. I plan on calling them tonight and finding out how good the fishing may or may not be the week I want to be there. Hopefully by this weekend I’ll have a trip together.

Kevin

kris_brantner
    My river

lol this has nutten to do with this thread but everytime i see that stupid penguin thing i always watch it like 5-6 times and laugh everytime

dave83
    S.E. Iowa

Nature boy,
    I was at Lake of the Ozarks this past weekend. Found 48 degree water and the fish were climbing all over wart’s.
    It should only get better.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.