Northern Snakehead Fish

• robby
    Quad Cities

Thanks for sharing a great article, much more positive than most of the potentially hyped up articles that I have read. Have snakeheads been found in Mississippi River yet? If so where?

riverfan
    MN

Well done JC. Good research and I appreciate a second viewpoint.

John

crawdaddy
    St. Paul MN

Good article, although I have to say that the Snakehead fish or anything else for that matter will ever replace my favorite exotic species, eurasianwater milfoil!

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Too Funny!!!
    you are right though…. Bass love that stuff.
    jc

kenwarren
    Olin, Iowa

Seems like there was an article last year about a Snakehead found in WI on or near the Mississippi. Don’t get too alarmed, however, as I recall this also stated that if they could survive here they couldn’t reproduce as they are a warm climate fish and couldn’t take the winters here.

swimjig

If I remember right it was on the rock river during a DNR shock. They took a picture of it and released it.

KBarber1972

Yea theres been a couple found on the rock one in lake michigan last year. Haven’t heard anything about the mississippi though.

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

They look just like a bowfin to me . I dont see how they could be any more aggresive than them doggies. They are flat out nasty.I have lost a box full of spinnerbaits to them,they just trash em.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.