WHATS YOUR BIGGEST BASS!

• BASSTRACKER1
    Iowa

JUST WONDERING WHAT THE BIGGEST BASS, THAT EVERYONE HERE AT EFN HAS CAUGHT, FROM THE MISSISSIPPI? 6lbs 8oz IS MY PERSONAL BEST CAUGHT MANY YEARS AGO FROM POOL 9 !

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

I caught my biggest bass this past Sunday on pool 10. It was 5 lb. 3 ou.

flick
    Alma WI

6lb 2 oz smallie……..caught a 5lb 13 oz that year too..

bigweav
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

21 1/2 inch smallie caught on pool 10

basspack
    PdC, WI.

5.5 lbs. largemouth caught at Blackhawk Park near Genoa on a 1/4 ounce black spinnerbait.

dustin_stewart
    Rochester, MN

Biggest samllie I ever caught went 5.4oz on the upper end of pool 4 about 3 yrs ago.Bomber model A

Trubass
    MN

Multiple 4.5lbers would like a 5,would be thrilled with a 6,would dance a little jig if it were 7 and if it were 8 will dont ask

Dave Ansell
    Rushford, MN

My two biggest bass were a 22″ smallie caught on pool 5A and a 23″ LMB caught on a small lake near WI dells. Both fish released – no scale in the boat.

Dave

greg

Well, it’s not quite as big as the others…19″, 3.5 lb. largemouth from the Holcombe Flowage.

haywood04
    Winona, Minnesota

Mine was a 23″ 5lb 13oz largmouth, last July. Catch photo’ed and released for another day. Caught er up in the Ashland area. It’s the one in my pic.

studfish

Last year I pulled a 6 pound and a 6lb 12 oz bass off of pool 7. This year in a tourny on pool 5a, I saw a guy bring in a 7.22 pound Largemouth. It was a pig.

studfish

bass addict
    Eagan, MN

My biggest on the river is a little over 5 but I missed one once and the swirl weighed 6 pounds.

KwikStik
    Trempealeau, WI

22 1/2 inch Largemouth caught in the Galesville lake about 25 years ago. Caught him on a blue/silver jointed Rebel minnow.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

20.5″, 5lb. 8oz. smallie on the Croix last June. Like Haywood, it’s in the pic to the left. No idea what my biggest swirl was/is! LOL!

HFP
    Alma WI

no idea what the length and wt.. was never measured or weighed her, didnt have a scale along, but its in my pic to the left caught her this spring

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

26″ inch smallie caught from shore at Shady Maple.. wing dam I think it is five years now. It hit a 1/4 jig and flourescent yellow fluttertail. I didn’t weigh it but since it was a female in May I would guess 7#+….. The dumbest part of it all was smallies were supposedly just coming back, and I had no idea it was any big deal. I measured it and released it and went on about my walleye casting , but I have never seen a smallie with anywhere near that girth, since.

Anonymous

Man thats a hawg. Lawrence…can a boat be driven to that wingdam? Ive seen it recently while driving down hwy 35. I used to fish shady maple all the time as a kid but never noticed that dam until recently. Is it the one if front of the red barn? Ive heard its an old road bed. Sorry for getting off the subject.

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

I see boats on it every once in a while. It is right in front of the small trees(willows??), and although I have never fished it from a boat, all my maps say it is easy to get, too. Last year I could wade out a ways with hipboots, but I catch mostly panfish, and some smaller eyes. I wish I could say I have ever backed it up, but low 20s(23″) on the river is the closest I have ever gotten. Lawrence

Pikeman
    Illinois

My biggest was a 7.5 pound largemouth caught on a terminator Spinner bait, at Perrot Park in Trempealeau.

stillakid2
    Roberts, WI

WoW!!! That is indeed a trophy smallmouth and one RARE fish! I can’t help but think at 26″, female at spawn, if it might’ve weighed over 8lbs.? No way to know but that’s a BIG smallie! That’d be a great memory to have in “the bank”!

flick
    Alma WI

HOLY [censored]!!! a 26inch smallie……that might have been close to the state record if it was a female along the spawn…..The state record is 9lbs 1 oz caught back in the 50’s..

mountain man
    Coon Valley, WI.

Flick where was it caught?

flick
    Alma WI

It was caught on Indian Lake in Oneida County on June 21,1950 by Leon Stefonek..

tolden
    Stoddard, WI

Well, my largest Smallmouth comes from pool 8 near goose island. I am not sure of the weight, as I was only 14 or 15 at the time and did not have a scale but I always carried a tape to measure the northern I alway use to catch. Well the smallie was 24 3/4″ long and I guessed it to be about 5-6 lbs. Biggest smallie for me. Largemouth, this fish came from Long Lake in Washburn county and was 7.26 lbs. I caught it on a Moss Boss in the cut between Long and Mud. Coincidentally that day I was fishing when they had a bass tourney on the lake and boy I wish I was in the tourny. My buddie and I had out limit and I believe each of our limits that day averaged 4 lbs per fish. Mike caught is biggest bass that day as well. Unfortunately I could not talk him into releasing that fish. It was somewhere in the 7-8 range as well, again on a plastic frog. If you ever are up on that lake take a look at the cut and the very end of mud lake. Some beautiful water. Heck the whole lake is great bass water not to mention the walleyes.

Have a good one.

tolden

fishinfool
    mn

Well, mine was a 8lb largemouth, but it was on a private pond my relatives have. They arent easy to catch though. I have been faithfully fishin it for 25 years and this is the first time I have went over 5lbs. If you think bass dont taste good, try some from a underground creek filled lake. No mud lines and better than walleye. MM MM MMM

alcoholic

i was just wondering how big this private pond is and how deep is it,, whats in there for bait fish,,,,,

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

biggest Largemouth to date was 2 years ago was 10 # 2oz from CA Sac River Delta. Smallmouth was 20 inches but no weight from the St Croix. Have caught three MN Largemouth from 6 # 2 oz up to 6# 12oz in the last 6 years from three different lakes, all released except one MN bass. . Jack.

rvvrrat
    The Sand Prairie

25″ SM on a wingdam, midday, trolling for eyes…thought it was a LM when it came the first time right by the boat…had a huge mouth for a smallie. No one else in the boat, measured and released -> good feeling.

jbb
    Minneapolis area

6-14 on a “downtown metro” lake…have had many days on metro lakes with one or more 6+ fish….amazing fish like that while in the shadow of the IDS!

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Here’s my biggest bass. 21 1/2″ but I had no scale handy ….CPR !!!! Walleyes don’t jump like this fella did either !!! see attachment…..

ec

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.