Slop’s Dad might have dirt… stay tuned…

• rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Well… I am in a “role play” 3 day sales simulation here at my place of employement… as part of my “acting” role I have a “pastime obsession” with fishing… what a stretch…

Anyway, I have the dubious pleasure of working with Slop’s father… A real pleasure. I am trying to figure out what happened to Slop… I mean, his dad is pretty cool.

Anyway, Slop, be concerned, buddy, some good conversations… I am learning about your “younger years” and how you really learned about slop fishing…

Anyway, with so little fishing, I thought I would post this… Perhaps in the next 3 days I can get some real “dirt” on Slop… Stay tuned.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Reelguy..

have fun during “war games” (as it’s called here at work)…

I’m sure you’re gonna dig deep to learn my secrets…but i doubt it will happen….

Get what you want, b/c i’m sure LoanARanger will be more than willing to type up a few stories on you as well (Reelguys’s Dad)

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Any one else miss the Slop Bass vs Reel Guy banter? I kinda miss writing it…

Slop… do you ever wonder if readers actually think we like each other?

As for Loan-A-Ranger… I have informed him that any stories told will severely limit his time on the water with me and my “prime” fishing spots…

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

As for Loan-A-Ranger… I have informed him that any stories told will severely limit his time on the water with me and my “prime” fishing spots

Bill–wouldn’t worry about that too much…YOU’RE the one with a RANGER, not REELGUY

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

ReelGuy’s “prime” spots are everyone else’s secondary spots.

Sorry, I just couldn’t resist.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Reelguy…PM me with the real dirt…you know..stuff you can’t put on the site…I’ll keep it a secret!…I promise!

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Quote:

ReelGuy’s “prime” spots are everyone else’s secondary spots.

Blue… no kidding… I know this and am working hard to change it… Although, with our club’s results, it might be prudent to point out that my spots, although secondary, still produce bigger weights than Slops…

Ahhh… feels SOOOOOO good!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

No matter what the weight of my fish may be, at least i have the pride of knowing that I found them on my own

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Okay… first story from ol’ dad…

During Thanksgiving, Slop wanted to do some deer hunting, but seeing that he needs so much “help” to catch fish and shoot deer, he sat on his dad’s deck holding his rifle sipping his beer… watched a buck walk into the back yard, limping with a broken leg… he took his shot and bagged his deer… season over.

What a sportsman!

Slop, I have to say, he’s a good “story” teller!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

LOL…

that did make me laugh……but i was downstairs playing pool when the deer was spotted….so yeah, i went outside and blasted it….and it was a doe, not a buck

wgeister
    Dundee, IL

Slop. Busting a deer from the back porch is what I call “efficient” use of your time. Don’t worry, if the stories get too wild, I’m sure I can think of something!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

hmmm….

You wouldn’t be referring to a time you and Ryan were bowhunting in illinois, when a very young Reelguy proceeded to put out his own estrus on the base of the tree your stand was in? You guys didn’t see any deer that day did you?

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Good one! now THAT is a funny story… Slop, admittedly, I just bust out laughing and a bucnh of people looked at me strangely…

Dad… hold back!

Yes, I have been know to have a “smaller” bladder, so whenever I went up in the stand, I pee’d first… right on the base of the tree. NEVER saw a deer close… one day, the ol’ man saw me and just laughed…

I’ll leave it a a lesson learned…

Hmmm… does peeing while fishing my honey-holes cause fish to scramble? I wonder if I might be onto something…

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Slops first year out deer hunting, he decides to come with me to the cabin and watch me blast something. For some dumb reason, I let him bring a BB gun with him because I figured it’d keep him entertained just holding it. He eventually gets bored and decides that it’d be a good idea to shoot sparrows out of the trees…I should’ve taken the BB’s out of the gun. Once again, a bonehead move on my part. Needless to say, I didn’t see anything that afternoon. That’s the last time Slop has touched my BB gun. It amazes me he has the patience to fish.

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Quote:

It amazes me he has the patience to fish.

Ummm… there are P-L-E-N-T-Y of guys on this forum that have fished with Slop… and, for most of us, we enjoy the experience… BUT, let’s not exagerate… Slop Bass is a lot of things, but one thing he is NOT is patient… Have you seen what he does while his rat sits there on the mat?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Hey Slop Bass… I’ll be your friend….

alans
    Waterford, WI

Don’t worry SLOP, I’ll be your friend too, you did great things with your frog when we went fishing.

Maybe I should’ve use a different choice of words.

But you fished your frog just fine.

mattkenseth17
    FOND DU LAC

he did what with his frog with you or i mean to you lmao

just had to al

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Now that you mention it Bassinal, Sloppy worked wonders with his frog in my boat too!

Ahh…we love ya Slop!

– d-nort

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Pfftt! Just goes to show how close I am with Slop…I didn’t even know he had am frog!

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Hey Slop, I was thumbing through some pictures I took this summer and found this one. I must have overlooked the background on this one. You go you “Frog Magnet”!

– d-nort

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Here slop…you can borrow my hammer…

for the frogs I mean.

B.C.
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Hey Slop, I was thumbing through some pictures I took this summer and found this one. I must have overlooked the background on this one. You go you “Frog Magnet”!

– d-nort

LMAO! That’s funny.

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Well, shoot… Slop’s dad gave nothing else up… he says he loves his son, and, quite frankly, he said Slop does enough on his own to “embarass the family and himself…”

Slop – you got a good dad there… I think he might be bitter that he doesn’t spend more time in your boat catching those 5 lb fish you talk about!

So, “Fellow IDA Friends…” Should we start sharing all of our most embarrassing “Sloppy” moments? Seems appropriate to have a “Slop Roast” this time of year, doesn’t it?

mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

I just wish he would get a little more fired up when he catches a nice fish.

Damn guy is like a church mouse back there, never can tell if he has a big one or a minnow.

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

A “Slop Roast”? Intriguiging….

How ’bout Club—Hater ….

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Quote:

I just wish he would get a little more fired up when he catches a nice fish. Damn guy is like a church mouse back there, never can tell if he has a big one or a minnow.

Hmph… you, too, eh, Moss Boss?

Yeah, and let’s not forget just how understanding, reserved, and under-control he is when he misses a fish… almost think he isn’t alive.

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

Here is one for the “Slop Roast”…

While pre-fishing for a BFL last year, Slop, BC, Bassinal, and Myself had a get-together during a football game. During the game, Slop reaches into the cooler to serve Bassinal a crisp, ice-cold bottle of beer. Bassinal thankfully accepts (and also thankful because he assumed Slop removed the cap too). Well…What Slop did NOT know is there were empties mixed in with the fulls. Yeap, Slop served Bassinal a nice, cold bottle of cooler water!

The greatest part was it took Bassinal a couple healthy swigs before he could determine it wasn’t beer (the night was late).

What fun.

– d-nort

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

This is indeed fun to read…especially since it was AL that served ME the bottle of water…I think you were and off to visit your buddy with that hat!!

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.