Thanks Giving, Team Supreme Newsletter copy.

• jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

November brings us to a time of reflection. Thanksgiving coincides well with the end of our traditional fishing season and in giving thanks we are often taken back to relive the events of the past year. We all have much to be thankful for and recent events have really made a profound statement on the things I take for granted. Team Supreme specifically made many of the memories I have more enjoyable and for them I am thankful. To name a few I will start with Berkley,

Berkley introduced a fishing line call Vanish which was made of a new fluorocarbon material making it nearly invisible to the fish. This technology made a profound impact on fishing with many other companies coming to market with similar products. As anyone who has used the original formula can attest it was much to stiff in any weights above 10lb test and would fly off your spinning reels without even casting. Well, Berkley listened to its customers and made changes to its line fixing many of the problems anglers were complaining about. Now when I fish clear water lakes in MN, I can use fluorocarbon and not pick backlashes out all day. Thanks for bringing fluorocarbon to the market place.

A number of years ago Rapala stopped making the original Fat Raps. These baits were a staple in my tackle box. They caught everything from walleyes to Largemouth. Well with the product lines demise I found that I could pick them up on Ebay. What great news. Well with the limited supply I could get my hands on I was thankful however all good things must come to an end. Just as it seems I am all but out of my favorite crank baits I find a product called the DT series. Well they had many in depths from 6 on down but I fish the river and this doesn’t make a lot of since for the areas I fish. Well new for 2005 they have come out with a shallow running DT series crank bait in some of the patterns I have grown up with. Thank You!

Having grown up fishing wing dams with a Motor Guide trolling motor I have become a professional at replacing them due to a bent shafts. If wing dams eat then Motor Guide is the preferred forage. I have bent countless shafts in the past and with the advent of Minn Kota’s composite shaft have yet to destroy one. Couple this with motors having over 100lbs of thrust and my main river fishing experiences are greatly enhanced.

Swimming Jigs, Well there has been a lot of hype surrounding these baits and presentations involved. Team Supreme has developed a swimming jig that has many of the features that make it in my opinion the best on the market. From the head design to the super soft fiber guard these little morsels not only come through grass and other vegetation they have a hook up ratio second to none other on the market. While many jigs will catch fish these advancements have made this technique one I feel will benefit many anglers. They will be available in the very near future. Many on staff consider this jig the end all be all in swimming jigs.

From all these fishing related products I have to venture off to the personal side of things. I am just really thankful that God has provided us a wonderful playground that we can all enjoy. May everything be well with you and yours.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Jc

wgeister
    Dundee, IL

Thanks JC, and Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.