How many?

• Buzzbait
    Winona Mn 55987

How many poles do you guys/girls take when you out fishing and what do you keep them rigged with. Line/lures/etc. Thanks Jason

alans
    Waterford, WI

Seeing as my boat doubles as my tackle box, I usually have 12-14 rods and reals set up. Line selection will vary depending on the lure, and lure selection will vary depending on the time of year. But from Spring to Fall I will have a crankbait, spinner bait, flipping and swimming jigs, a tube or two, plastic worm, and probally a buzzbait. Other lures will be added or removed depending on water clarity, and as the air and water temps change.

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

I concur… I usually have 8 baitcaster rods and 1 spinning rod. Line selection remains constant for me… primarily 15# P-Line and a couple with PowerPro… I find the consistent “feel” of similar line helps me iwith accuracy, confidence, and sesitivity.

Lure selection is very dependant upon the conditions, time of year, and body of water being fished. Throughout the year, you are likely to find tied in in my boat a crankbait of some type (lipless, deep diver, shallow runner), a jig for flipping and/or swimming, a tube, a plastic worm, a topwater (rapala minnow in spring, buzzbait in summer, spook in fall), and a C-rig…

Someone called “Wingdam” said when you look at my boat when I leave the dock that it I look very confused as to what, how, and where I will be fishing with all the various presentations sitting on the deck of my boat… This from a guy who carries a 200# soft-sided tackle box and 8 rods with him when he climbs aboard as a non-boater…

Dang, I miss fishing already… Especially having Wingy riding in my boat!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Especially having Wingy riding in my boat!

That’s cause he puts you on fish….

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Here we go w/ that again…………

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Blue..

Can you tell we miss our Wed. Night Clubber’s?

blue-fleck
    Dresbach, MN

Nope………not at all.

I’d miss them a lot more if I were a ‘member.’

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

Blue… yoo are too good for our club…
    We’d all have to just forfeit our cash to you ahead of time…
    Guys of your caliber (ie. those who fish with Crawford) are just scary good…

Of course, we could make you fish from your flat with Slop Bass… that ought to even the odds…

Ahhhh, yes… sure do miss those days… Slop, you got the count as to our next outing?

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Aww shucks,
    Blue s the brains behind this outfit. I just show up with a fancy glass boat and let blue take me to the fish. Often he even baits my line.. And if I had to take the fishies off myself I think I would have problems. They are so icky.
    jc

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Tom no worries, We have our own little club called Team Supreme and there are hundreds if not thousands of guys who wish they could fish. By fish I mean actually catch them.
    Sorry guys. Felling a little frisky this morning.
    jc

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

If it was up to me, all you guys would be in ….I have no problem with “Ringers” or you T.S. guys showing up only to have the Slopster show you what’s up..Right Champman??

JC–I’m feeling the bug too this morning

jeremy-crawford
    Cedar Rapids Area

Well Slop,
    Considering your name I am sure we could leave you SLOPPY seconds.
    jc

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

I suppose i could pick up all the fish you miss

Ahhh….Monday’s!!!

rgeister
    SW Wisconsin

JC… you will learn… Sloppy only gets seconds… as finding the “spot” is hard for a man who doesn’t get much time to practice riding performance “boats” near the nebulous “G” forces…

I’m suffering from a l-o-n-g Monday…and if you don’t pick up my inuendos, perhaps I had too much

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.