Kentucky Lake

• darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

I am taking a trip down to Kentucky lake in the middle of March this next year and am wondering if anybody can give me some information about it. I am looking for a place to stay, any information about the lake, or any patterns that I should be focusing on for that time of the year. Any help that could be given would be appreciated. I am hoping to get into both the LM and SM.

Thanks in advance

kenwarren
    Olin, Iowa

I grew up down there. I’m sure I can help some. I assume you are looking for hotel not camping but they have plenty of both. There are very nice lodges in KY Dam State Park, Lake Barkley State Park, Paris Landing State park (TN). These have both hotel like rooms good food in the restuarant and cabins available.

I stayed at most of them in the past. I’ve also stayed at a Days Inn in Kutawa, KY. It is just off I24 and decent. The Excective Inn in Paducah host a great deal of tournaments and it is nice as well. It is about 20 miles from KY dam, however, but located on the Ohio River.

If you give me a price range I can be a little more specific. If you’d like give me an email [email protected] or call (319)721-0152 feel free.

evileye
    Milan Il

I also was born in that area but haven’t lived there since I was a kid , I have been back several times to see family and fish ,I am usually fishing for crappie but catch a lot of bass in the Johnathon creek area, The Sportsman lodge is a great place to stay and they will point you in the right direction.

bassinfever
    Wausau, WI

The BelAir Motel is a great place to stay. Big rooms and very nice owners. The owner fishes and could help. The phone number is 270-362-4254. I do have maps of the lake and a video of the lake at drawdown.

aabfeh
    QCA

Moors resort in Gilbertsville is a nice place to stay. Good ramp, resturant, tackle shop, etc. Quite a few tournaments out of there so ususally able to get a little help. Take a big, big, big, big boat. South winds in the spring can make for some interesting waves.

SpinnerDave
    S.E. Iowa

I have stayed at the Moors also. It is a good place for guys but I feel the ladies would not appreciate it. They have cabins and they are right on the lake! We were there on the on the 1st weekend in March and it was cool -cold and WINDY. That was good in some ways, it made the bass easy to find. Wind+rocks = bass. Cranks and jerk baits worked well. Be carefull, it is shallow and stumpy at winter pool on the Paduka side. Up by the damn there is a rocky jetty , we caught some nice LM there and the canal that leads to Barkly can be good. I have a 5lb smallie on the wall that I caught at the end of that canal on the left as you get to Lake Barkly . There was a takle shop in town that was really helpfull. Especially after we bought a big bag of cranks ! And what I really like, sweet tea and good food and lots of it. Great trip !

redneck
    Rosemount

Sweet Tea,Bar-B-Que and fried Catfish, heck with the fishing. I am ready to go NOW.

darin_rs
    Glen Ellyn, IL

Thanks for all of the information given. I am looking forward to the trip and will post how it goes for anyone interested in a future trip. I have heard nothing but good things about this area.

Bassman

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.