Pool 10 SLOP???

• alans
    Waterford, WI

Anyone on pool 10 lately?? I’ll be there this weekend, and was just wondering if the slop was heavy yet. Thanks for any info.

TBASS
    ROCKFORD,ILL

BASSIN AL, I FISHED THE WBF ZONE 3 TOURNEY THIS WEEKEND ON 10. THE SLOP BITE WAS OFF. I KNOW SOME GUYS DID CATCH THEIR FISH IN SLOP, BUT I COULD ONLY MANAGE 2 KEEPERS FROM SLOP. THAT INCLUDES PRACTICE ALSO. THE FISH WERE VERY UNAGGRESIVE. HALF HEARTED STRIKES AND WOULDN’T TAKE FOLLOW-UP BAITS. THE SLOP IS THICK IN SOME AREAS, BUT NOT THE THICK STUFF YOU USUALLY FIND THIS TIME OF YEAR. NOT THE RELIABLE PATTERN IT CAN BE AT TIMES ON POOL 10.
    HOPE THIS HELPS
    TBASS

alans
    Waterford, WI

Thanks for the info TBASS.

glenn-walker
    Shakopee, MN

This past weekend, found some slop with fish in it, but most were short and didn’t take a frog very well. Most came on a tube after it was pitched in the hole they hit through. The slop that I did get fish off of, had slight current going by it.

basspack
    PdC, WI.

I agree with the other posts. Very few takers and not much size in the slop (all on frogs or poppers in sparse weeds). I wonder if the heavy fish fly hatch has anything to do with it. Fished Sunday morning and most of today. Best fish came off rocks with current, almost all largemouths both days. There is some nice weed growth, but definitley not as much as some years.

bassinfever
    Wausau, WI

Hey basspack anything going on in sunfish?

illinois

they was in there by the boat load 2 weeks ago

djmr
    Holmen, WI

Hey Al, looking for some big bass for the Way up Northern rally for BBC??

jhall
    Lake City, MN

There having a rally up here?

alans
    Waterford, WI

Hey there Bullz Eye, Good to see ya here. That rally still sounds good. Maybe I’ll see ya on the river sometime this year. Im gonna be in LaCrosse for the next BFL Super Tourney, Sept 8-11. We’ll have to get together. There will be two other Blazers there as well.

alans
    Waterford, WI

JHall, were thinking of having a Blazer owners rally here in Wisconsin. They have won down south every year, and us northern owners might try to get one up here.

jhall
    Lake City, MN

ohh, thought they were having a bbc rally

djmr
    Holmen, WI

The closest northern rally is Table Rock in Missouri. 10 hour drive from here. Still thinking about it though.

alans
    Waterford, WI

Do you have the dates on that Bullz Eye?????

djmr
    Holmen, WI

Speaking of slop bite, it seems that is the way the river is being for some reason. We have had some action but like someone said the fish are very timid with there hits and it seems almost impossible to get them to strike a second time. It definately is not going get you a limit that will do well in a tourn. The duck weed is very scarce. Not in usual spots.

djmr
    Holmen, WI

I think its Oct. 16 but not for certain

djmr
    Holmen, WI

And i guess to get technical it is called the midwest rally. The northern is in New Hamshire

alans
    Waterford, WI

Thanks Bullz EYE

kennedy
    Manchester, Ia

FYI.

I was in the middle section of pool 10 Friday July 23rd and found two small sections of slop that were just unbelievable. At noon we decided to try fishing rats for a few hours and what a smart move. The first spot we stopped at was no bigger than 20 yards by 20 yards and we pulled 9 fish out of the slop only missing two blow ups. The next spot was even better. It was a larger spot but we must of had 20 blow ups and boated 10-12 fish. I had never seen slope fish so aggressive. They were swallowing the bait all the way down. I realize this is in contrast to what everyone has been reporting about pool 10. The real kicker to this is we caught all these fish in 1 hour. We then went to Pool 9 on Saturday and Sunday and didn’t boat a slop fish. FYI.

Chris

djmr
    Holmen, WI

Thats good to know about pool 9. Got a club tourney there this Sunday and thats ususally our pattern down there. Have to figure something else out I guess.

willwork4fish

We had a club tournament on the 25th and did find some good slop fish. I had 4 for 8.7 and my partner had 5 for 11.5. I lost my 5th fish several times including one that was probably 4. We only found 1 good slop area, it was pretty big but a real pain to get to especially since I think they dropped the water Sat night. Fish were very shallow, 6-12 inches in pads mixed with eel grass. We also caught a ton of shorts but when we got a keeper there were more in that area.

alans
    Waterford, WI

What club are you in Bullz EYE?

djmr
    Holmen, WI

Tri County Bass Club out of Trempealeau, Wi

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.