Sports Anchor Wins!!!

• mossboss
    La Crescent, MN

Big congrats Jason!!!

Also congrats to Chad Johnson (Loomy on the board) who finished 3rd.

Way to go guys!!

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Man..that one guy on the first page of that link sure looks like Jake (w/the microphone)

GradyH
    Lee's Summit, MO

Way to go!

sports_anchor
    Albert Lea, MN

Thanks everybody. I’ve been on cloud nine since Saturday. My dad’s pretty proud and I think that’s almost as important to me as the $10,000 check…. almost!

kennedy
    Manchester, Ia

Good things snow ball. So keep it going. Good job.

Chris

kizew
    Dallas, WI

Congratulations Jason – what a great deal!!!!

jhall
    Lake City, MN

Congrats and Great Job!

You should have tried to find a tournament to fish on Sunday after the friday and saturday you had!

JHall

riverfan
    MN

Details man, details. Did you have largies, smallies or both? What technique, were you expecting that size fish, Was that the same area as Friday? GPS coordinates etc?

sports_anchor
    Albert Lea, MN

7 largemouth, 1 smallmouth. I just took your advice Riverfan, and found some deep banks with rocks and a small amount of current. I fished two spots on pool 5. The bigger fish were moving in as the water warmed. They were just pre-spawn largemouth staging on the rocks. I caught fish on everything from jigs to buzzbaits, but the key was fishing right up against the rocks. I knew the areas had some big fish potential, so we actually threw back several 14-15 inchers, holding out for bigger ones. The gamble paid off, but I got a little lucky too. Caught our final fish after locking back up to pool 4. Went to a spot that I’d caught a small keeper in practice and caught a 3.5 pounder on a jig with an hour before weigh-in! Sorry, I haven’t hooked up my GPS yet.

davec
    St. Paul MN.

What a great job!!!

Loomy
    Crystal, Minnesota

Nice bag of fish, Jason. Congrats!!!
    I guess you didn’t burn ’em on Friday after all, eh?

Loomy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.