PVA BASS Tour

• onthewater
    Roanoke, Virginia

Hey, guys,

Ok, here’s the deal. When is an angler handicapped enough to fish in the PVA?

Why cannot the handicapped fish in a normal circuit?

Hey, what do you call a guy with no arms & no legs in a pile of leaves? Russel. Ha, get it?

Ok, to be politically correct, what do you call a gal with one leg? Ilene. Ha, get it?

Ok, before you all loose your cool on me, I am considered “handicapped” ’cause I lost my left leg (yeah, good one; no I don’t know where I put it). In all honesty though, I don’t consider myself handicapped.

My greatest leg press was about 1100lbs 2x; that was with my leg & prosthesis (fake leg).

I can run three miles at a crack. I can bike like a monster & swim like a shark! Also, my wife says I do other things like a beast! Oh, did I tell ya I’m a heart pt, too?

Ok, boys & girls. What do ya think? You know, when is someone handicapped enough to fish the PVA?

Lastly, whatever you write is what you write; just ’cause you’re not handicapped doesn’t mean that your thoughts about those who are don’t count.

Thanks,

onthewater
    Roanoke, Virginia

Hmm. 51 hits & no one with an opinion. Wow!

Well, thanks for lookin’,

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

I’d have to say that you are IN. It would not be too hard to contact a person from the PVA, and they could answer all you questions. If you ask nice, they would prob send you all their pertinent rules, and also different sites around this great country that hold PVA events, GOOD LUCK. Pound some Bass, then let them grow. Jack…

onthewater
    Roanoke, Virginia

Ok, maybe I’ve confused everyone.

My wife says technically that I’m handicapped ’cause I’m missing a limb, but I can do everything anyone else can, so where’s the handicap? The missing limb?

If a missing limb is a handicap, then I am; if not being able to do something is, then I know lots of guys who are especially when the try to find their arse with both hands.

I’d really like to hear your views. If you do not want to share them publically, please pm me, and I’ll keep them to myself.

Thanks ,

skhartke
    Somerset, WI

I think you’re talking about definitions of handicapped. The dictionary definition of a handicap is: a disadvantage that makes achievement unusually difficult b sometimes offensive : a physical disability.
    Using this, especially the 2nd one, would mean that you have a physical ‘situation’ that could put you at a disadvantage. Now the popular definition, not found in the dictionary, is that you are physically enough different from the norm, so as to assume you would need some sort of special accomodations to do things as people with all of their limbs, mental faculties, etc. Although this doesn’t sound to be the case in your situation, it is in a number of people with the same ‘condition’. A lot of handicaps are made worse, or better by the attitude that it is viewed with. I think we have all heard about people like yourself that haven’t allowed it to slow them down. Every year you watch the people crossing the finish line at a marathon, or skiing down a mountain, etc. Of course you don’t see the people who sit home, collecting social security, slipping further and further into depression because of the cards that fate has dealt them. You have chosen to not let this slow you down, and good for you. Others may not have the mental toughness that you do. You may be missing a limb, but are not handicapped. Others in the same situation are. I think it just boils down to how you deal with it mentally. I still think if you get a chance to fish a tourney and take ‘advantage’ of your condition you should. You sure sound like you have the right attitude about it, and lets face it, a big part of fishing is attitude/confidence.
    Good luck,

wgeister
    Dundee, IL

I totally agree with Steve. You obviously do not let the loss of your leg slow you down much. You can fish in PVA events as well as any others. A nice option to have. Congratulations on your self-reliant attitude. It must take a lot of intestinal fortitude at times.

chewes
    Lansing, IL also known as the Flatland by the Border of IN.

I can say one thing about on the water I fished with him twice last spring and didn’t even know he missing a leg. Had I a probably would have beat him with it when he put the 5 pounder in boat.
    Casey Hewes

onthewater
    Roanoke, Virginia

Casey,

!

I’da taken it back, tied your skinny arse to it like a bobber & thorwn ya in for musky bait!

Thanks,

OTW

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.