Barometer Forecast

• Ty Kennedy

Hey all, I know this is probably a common and over discussed topic, but has anyone found out if there is a method to predicting the barometric pressure for say, a day in advance? Seems like since my fishing group and I started paying attention to the numbers it has correlated almost perfectly to how many fish we have caught that day.

Tonka
    Minnesota

weatherunderground.com gives you a barometric pressure graph reading with a forcest. Joel and James talked about it on one of their episodes fishing for gills which would be worth checking out.

Ty Kennedy

Ah perfect this is exactly what I was looking for. Thanks much!!!

joc
    Western and Central, NY

Isn’t it best when the barometric pressure goes from high to low? Never followed the barometric pressure when planning a fishing outing. But it seems I’ve noticed as it falls the fish can bite. Is this what you look for when you use the barometric pressure for planning an outing? Or is there more to it?
    Thx

BTW nice URL

Timo i

I plan every trip w/ knowledge of air pressure. It helps me to know what depth i’ll be fishing that day, one less variable.

Ty Kennedy

joc we’ve kind of found that yeah when it is falling they bite the best. Yesterday it started rising right when we got to the lake, didnt have a flag. Now today it is supposed to fall big time, so hopefully it will make the magic happen. Timo i if you don’t mind me asking, what does air pressure do for depth?

joc
    Western and Central, NY

Thx’s Ty

Gregg Pfeifer
    Fort Atkinson, WI

Thanks Tonka, weatherunderground.com gives an excellent forecast chart. It’s tips like those that keep me feeling like there’s so much more to learn. Looks like a couple good Saturdays in a row heading my way!

Timo i

Ty you have an IM. . .

Dustin Huston

What’s a good number for pressure for good fishing? In my area it’s going to be steady at 29 for the rest of the weekend. Is that good or bad?

JD Winston
    Inactive
    Chanhassen, MN

Steady is better than rising usually. I don’t think the actual number is critical. Fish tend to be consistent when their pressure world is consistent.

joc
    Western and Central, NY

BTW Tonka I spent some time with weatherunderground.com last night and it’s the best weather URL I’ve come across. Loaded with good data in an user friendly format. I hope it stays around for years to come.
    THX

Timo i

It was a low here today. . . Found the perch and let me tell ya i looked everywhere, found them amoung the reeds in pockets within the reeds others watching me thought i was nuts until they noticed what i was doing catching dinner!!
    Tight lines all

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.