Baffin Boots?

• Jason

Pretty much all of my boots have seemed to develop “leaks” this season so I’m in need of new ones. I was looking at the LaCrosse Alpha Kings, but read a lot of reviews about the eyelets pulling thru.

A friend of mine mentioned the Baffins, but I’ve never seen them, but I’ve since read a lot of terrific reviews. What are IDO thoughts? Which model should I go with?

deertracker

There was a recent boot post and a lot of the talk seemed to be about Baffins
    DT

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

I just went through the search. I settled on Baffin. These specifically: http://winterboots.com/baffin-eiger-mens-extreme-cold-winter-snow-boots.html

There’s also a coupon code that will get an additional 15% off.

These boots blow away any other I’ve ever had (LaCrosse included). Very light. Wear like a hiking boot. Warm as crazy. I was out last week and typically my feet are the first to get chilled. Can honestly say that my feet never got cold.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

I have the titans and love them.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

I’d highly recommend the Apex boots. They’ll snug up enough to get your bibs over them easily.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

I have the Impacts and love’em…
    Tight fit,but my bibs fit over them…..

haleysgold
    SE MN

I bought a pair of Impacts but for me, they were too “tall” and my bibs BARELY fit over them.
    I sold them to a friend but they are great boots.

Then I bought 2 pair, Titans and the new CrossFire.

I know the Crossfire’s were listed at around $150 at a few stores,
    I found them on-line, on sale, for $85. Dirt cheap.
    If you keep an eye out, you can find various models on sale for a much better price.

Baffin boots are tough to beat, IMO.

ec1
    NULL

I own baffin titans as well.
    The striker bibs do not fit over them without undoing a few buttons.

For its price (99CDN), I don’t think you can get any cheaper for a boot thats warm and waterproof. I’ve had my pair for about 4 years and still going strong.

I’m sure there are better fitting boots out there, but be ready to pay more $$

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

I bought a pair of Impacts but for me, they were too “tall” and my bibs BARELY fit over them.
    I sold them to a friend but they are great boots.

This was a concern of mine. The Eigers were designed shorter (3 inches) and narrower up top. My bibs fit easily over them. And, they are comfortable when sitting and/or kneeling because of the shorter upper.

Jason

How is their sizing? Most of my boots are a 10.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Baffin advises to get a full size larger than your shoe size. I went with that advice and worked out great.

haleysgold
    SE MN

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Jason Bjerke wrote:</div>

Baffin advises to get a full size larger than your shoe size. I went with that advice and worked out great.

Good question.
    I wear a 10 1/2 boot.
    The Impacts I bought were size 11. They were tight I thought.
    The Crossfires I bought are size 12 and fit about right.
    The Titans I bought are size 10. They are fairly loose but with a heavy sock, they are a bit loose but about right.
    I saw other reviews on these boots with similar comments.

Matt S
    Wisconsin

My wife has been wearing Baffin (I believe the Impacts) for 3 years now and she loves them. She gets cold feet easy and with the Baffin’s she has had no problems. Myself, I wear Kamik OsloWP Snow Boot. They have been the best ice fishing boot I’ve had.

tim hurley

I like to drive with my ice boot, figure you got enough other stuff to do before you actually get to fish-anyway my new boot is so wide I cannot safely drive with them on. So one more thing to consider.

Bob Volk

I’ve never owned Baffin and I’m not trying to ruffle anyones feathers, but IMHO I would look no further than Bata Military surplus boots. I see no other boot that works as good as these do. They are durable and more importantly they are warm.

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

With the Baffin Eiger’s did you find that you had to wear wool socks, or were they fine with a normal pair?

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

With the Baffin Eiger’s did you find that you had to wear wool socks, or were they fine with a normal pair?

I’ve yet to need my thick woolies. I have a “hiking” thin pair blended poly and smartwool. I put these boots through the works lately. Water, slush, snowmobling, subzero fishing, shoveling, etc. They seem to be able to adjust to the weather. That system they use is great.

tmyboy2001
    Lakeville, MN

About to pull the trigger on some Baffin Eiger’s. I’ve read that the Impacts and Titans cause you to not be able to pull your bibs down to your ankle around the boots. Does anyone know if this is also true with the Eiger’s? I have a pair of Striker Ice Predator bibs.

Jeffrey Trapp
    Milbank, SD

I have the titans and can fit my clam suit around them. It’s a little tight but it zips right over them. I also have an XL so the legs are bigger I’m sure.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Vexilar bibs go right over my titans.

shamus
    Inactive

My cheapo sportsmans guide ice bibs have been fitting over my titans, no problem for 3 years

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Frabil bibs fit over my Impacts….

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

About to pull the trigger on some Baffin Eiger’s. I’ve read that the Impacts and Titans cause you to not be able to pull your bibs down to your ankle around the boots. Does anyone know if this is also true with the Eiger’s? I have a pair of Striker Ice Predator bibs.

My Frabil bibs fit easily over them. I have an old camo pair of Woolrich that fits over them, too. These are a little tighter. I believe the Eigers are the best compromise for the typical outdoorsperson. My only complaint is that they get pretty hot when sitting at the tavern after a day on the ice.

I’ve been shocked how well the traction system works on icy surfaces. They are a dream to walk in and are easy to drive with (F150). I’ve had three foot/ankle surgeries. My old pack boots were a nightmare for walking in. The Eigers have really helped out the aching of my foot at the end of the day.

I’d be surprised if you got them and didn’t like them. Once you get them adjusted how you like; it’s basically just slip on and go.

cpetey
    Onalaska, Wi

Promise I don’t get any kickbacks from Baffin ;)

michaelcfi79
    Twin Cities, MN

Bought Baffin Titans this year. They’re terrific (and cheap! $90 at Joe’s Sporting Goods in St Paul). The downside was I had to ditch my Frabill bibs and buy Striker bibs to fit over them.

Dusty Gesinger
    Minnetrista, Minnesota

Bought Baffin Titans this year. They’re terrific (and cheap! $90 at Joe’s Sporting Goods in St Paul). The downside was I had to ditch my Frabill bibs and buy Striker bibs to fit over them.

Sounds like a win, win.

haleysgold
    SE MN

Cabelas has a sale on Baffins right now with an extra 10% off. Boots should start getting cheap now if your in the market. I got my Baffins at GM for quit a bit less but still not a bad deal.

Yeah, size 8’s only. I hate when they do that!

tim hurley

Would love to buy the Eiger or the snowmonster but want to try them on first. A lure, a toaster I will buy online but a boot I gotta try on. Anyway Baffin costomer service cannot tell me who has them. The woman I talked with is looking into it though. Anyway if someone in the Twin City area can tell me where to get either please let me know.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

I read the posts about the baffin boots and decided to try the eiger and could not be happier. Very warm and seem well made.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.