Snowmobile tow hitch

• dbright
    Cambridge

After setting up my wheeler the way I wanted it for ice fishing mother nature decided to make it useless around my cabin. So I ended up picking up a older mountain max to use for the winter. I am looking for anyone that has used any of the universal hitches if the have held up pulling a fish house around? I can’t go with a genuine Yamaha hitch as it has a aftermarket tunnel. 151″x2″ if I can’t get there now I will have to find a new hobby for the winter.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I built an add on out of a door hinge. It is about 3/6″ thick. If I were to do it again I would look for 1/4″ thick. It is still holding up but it has bent a few times.

deertracker

I did the same thing Mark did. Mine held up for about 5 years. I would also recommend the thicker steel.
    DT

dbright
    Cambridge

That’s what I was planning on doing but ran across a universal at Dennis kirk. I guess my question was if the bumper held up? Most of the factory ones also bolt to the tunnel along with the bumper. I would think just pulling a portable it would be fine.

dbright
    Cambridge

I threw this together this morning. I will see how it works tomorrow up around Motley.

castle-rock-clown

Lets reverse engineer this thing. If you can pull the sled by hand just to get it to move even a few feet, and then pull the sled back by the bumper just a few feet without distorting or bending the bumper, then I believe you should be able to tow you sled with your sno-machine.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.