WI ATV License Plate

• sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

I see the WI DNR is following the dumb idea that MN has. Now I’ll need to add a 2nd plate on the back of mine.

web page

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

That infuriates me.

Thanks for the heads up. First time I heard about it.

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Me too Mike. Headed thru your area over there this weekend with my machine. Going to work on our deer shack. Guess I’ll enjoy it while I can without the goofy plate.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

It was one of the things I appreciated about registering my machines in Wi. Same with Sleds. I hope they dont make us put reg numbers on the hood like MN.

limabean

Here is what I did. Printed out my Number per DNR specs. Sandwiched it between two pieces of Lexan and siliconed the edges.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I’ll be looking for a very light piece of white plastic.

Back when my first ATV was licensed in MN I used aluminum and it moved around and scuffed up my quad. As far as I know ATV’s do not come with a convenient location for this. Maybe UTV’s do but not ATV’s. I still cant believe they are adding this law. A bazillion people now have to pull this together and it will take months if not years for that to happen. I cant stand it when controlling laws pop up when I have never even heard of there being an issue!!!

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

My MN plate is a thin piece of Stainless mounted to the back of the tailight bolts. Yamaha Kodiak Keeps it out of the way from tear off and about 99% of the time is covered in red clay from our deer shack area. Not sure where the WI plate will go.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Very nice Todd!

hunter991

go to Menards and get a piece of vinyl trim they use for vinyl siding.. it costs about $6 for a 8′ piece. cut it to size and then buy the 2″ numbers at menards for $1.26. Get too half moon galvanized moon clip (used to secure a pipe to a wall) and bend them around the rack of your ATV.. solid construction for very cheap.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

I just went to THE licensing center in Hudson and they were not able to renew by ATV’s or sled. I was dumbfounded. They acted confused and couldnt tell me why or when. They actually sent me to Mills Fleet to renew my tags! They are out of their minds over there. Up till now you got a different lic number on every renewal. Now that they require plates surely they are not going to expect us to change the plate to a different number on every renewal?
    Its a mess over there. I get the impression the center of their universe is Milwaukee and thats a long ways from here.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Received and installed. Very simple. Nice kit.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.